Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Man of the Match vs Hearts

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I guess I must be living in a parallel universe where Mackie had a good game ::)

I'd agree, thought mackie was good too.

I think kerr played really well today and deserved motm. 

Kerr didn't get MOTM, JDV got the sponsors motm and i believe he got the bbc one as well

I voted for JDV, thought it was his best game in an aberdeen shirt my a mile although miller was fantastic and ran him very very close, made everything stick upfront and brought so many players into the game

JDV was a workhorse for us yesterday, excellent in attack and determined when chasing back. Miller had a decent game, and almost deserved the MOTM for his strike alone. Kerr was industrious as ever, Foster had an excellent game keeping Driver quiet for the whole match, Seve also put in a solid performance as did Diamond - evident by the lack of threat to Langdfields goal. Mackie was busy, put in some decent runs on goal, positioned himself well but struggled to finish.

I thought that McDonald, Aluko and Langfield had a quiet match, but didn't really put a foot wrong either. I would say the only disappointment was Considine. He struggled to fit in that left back position, with some poor clearances which put us under more pressure than was necessary. Not his favoured position but he did a job.

JDV for me. Easily his best game in a red shirt. :thumbsup:

I guess I must be living in a parallel universe where Mackie had a good game ::)

::)

mackie did what mackie usually does, ran about a lot, missed a great chance, failed to spot aluko and miller when they were screaming for the ball and would've been clean through, all the running about in the world doesn't make up for that.  ::)

::)                                      ::)

JDV was a workhorse for us yesterday, excellent in attack and determined when chasing back. Miller had a decent game, and almost deserved the MOTM for his strike alone. Kerr was industrious as ever, Foster had an excellent game keeping Driver quiet for the whole match, Seve also put in a solid performance as did Diamond - evident by the lack of threat to Langdfields goal. Mackie was busy, put in some decent runs on goal, positioned himself well but struggled to finish.

I thought that McDonald, Aluko and Langfield had a quiet match, but didn't really put a foot wrong either. I would say the only disappointment was Considine. He struggled to fit in that left back position, with some poor clearances which put us under more pressure than was necessary. Not his favoured position but he did a job.

JDV for me. Easily his best game in a red shirt. :thumbsup:

Summed up perfectly above.

JDV was a revelation yesterday in my opinion.

Could it be down to the fact he's actually getting a run of games in the team ?

Could it be down to the fact he's actually getting a run of games in the team ?

I think that could be said for most of the players in the team right now. Everyone is getting plenty of time in a settled team, a bit of consistency for a change. It shows with our build-up play and passing - the players are becoming comfortable with each others role and favoured positions. Coupled with a run of form to increase confidence further - its all paying off.

For a few games now we have started to look convincing, and dare I say it - quite entertaining while also providing the wins that are needed for a European spot. Hearts were the first big test that we have faced, we'll need to show more of the same against the OF in January to really make the chase for 3rd interesting.