• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the Warehouse Project in Manchester on Sat, shite soundsystem, shite crowd (far too many folk in one space as well as aggro cunts) and most importantly, Fourtet and Caribou were wank. So disappointed, especially since i've enjoyed their respective albums, though it failed spectacularly in a club environment, no bassline's to get your teeth into. Once all the fan girls/boys left at about 3:30, I started to enjoy myself and some tunes finally got played! Overall, disappointment. :(:hammer:

• 4 weeks later...

Was at Belle and Sebastian last night at the Barras... bizarre gig. Too much talking from the lead singer guy for a start, then Bobby from Still Game makes an appearance on stage in character, then they put the house lights up and about 10 volunteers go through the crowd collecting for a homeless person's hostel, then they get four nuggets up on stage to clap along to a song and hand them "Jim'll Fix It" badges at the end of it...

Other than that it was ok though. And for my third gig in a row at the Barras I saw Pat Nevin. What a tiny, tiny man.

Was at Belle and Sebastian last night at the Barras... bizarre gig. Too much talking from the lead singer guy for a start, then Bobby from Still Game makes an appearance on stage in character, then they put the house lights up and about 10 volunteers go through the crowd collecting for a homeless person's hostel, then they get four nuggets up on stage to clap along to a song and hand them "Jim'll Fix It" badges at the end of it...

Other than that it was ok though. And for my third gig in a row at the Barras I saw Pat Nevin. What a tiny, tiny man.

Hmm, does sound a wee bit odd. I'm going tonight and I've never seen them before so not sure what to expect, I love their music (especially the earlier stuff) but nae sure I could be arsed with all those shenanigans.

I notice also they're streaming the gig on tuesday night for anyone who can't make it but is still curious.

Not surprised Pat Nevin was in attendance after his starring role at the B&S curated All Tomorrow's Parties:

NEVIN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Eric Clapton next month, not sure whether to get tickets for Stevie Wonder or not though.

What you got to lose?

The boy's a legend, I'm sure you'll regret not going a lot more than going along to see fit like.  It's probably on a Tuesday night as well, what else you going to be doing that night?

Get a ticket and go get entertained by one of the biggest influences in modern music.

• 4 weeks later...