Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

If we lose to hibs

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's JC taking us forward again Adam.

Good effort chunk.  ::)  You can't grasp that it's not just the results on the pitch which Calderwood is judged by, so until you do, 'hud yer wheesht'.

I've been saying this for a long time, but the league gets tighter and tighter every year, everyone outside the Old Firm can beat each other on their day, as we've seen this season numerous times.

We've lost a ridiculous amount of games already yet we're still only 5 points from 3rd place.  The 3 teams that many expected to battle it out for 3rd (Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell) are all sitting in the bottom half.  There's a long way to go yet...

Guest swaddon

Good effort chunk.  ::)  You can't grasp that it's not just the results on the pitch which Calderwood is judged by, so until you do, 'hud yer wheesht'.

I've been saying this for a long time, but the league gets tighter and tighter every year, everyone outside the Old Firm can beat each other on their day, as we've seen this season numerous times.

We've lost a ridiculous amount of games already yet we're still only 5 points from 3rd place.  The 3 teams that many expected to battle it out for 3rd (Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell) are all sitting in the bottom half.  There's a long way to go yet...

Yes, and we're only two points above 12th place.

Both arguments show why even talk of clearing the decks is nothing short of ridiculous. Way too early.

Yesterdays performance was pretty good, there was good football, just an inability to convert chances and yet another fuck up at the back (from an otherwise good performance by Mair) added into that an astounding piece of officiating.

Criticisms of Calderwood? Maguire on? Please not again.

Miller again seems to be getting drawn way too deep too rather than getting into the box. On the subject of box, why are we still so shite at crossing?

Well, I've been very neutral in my opinions of JC since he arrived. From the moment it was mentioned that Willie Miller wanted JC & JN to be the next Aberdeen management team, I wasn't thrilled to say the least. Jimmy Nicholl, I've got a lot of time for. But Jimmy Calderwood just doesn't get me excited. But I'm always willing to give any Aberdeen manager his fair crack at the whip (I even gave Alex Miller about five minutes ... which is about four minutes than most gave him).

I gave Skovdahl a hell of a lot of time because he tried and tried and tried and really felt the pain of each defeat. Paterson, not so much, as he was about as animated as yer average morgue regardless of whether we were winning or losing. He had a bunch of players trying to punch well above their weight, and both he and they failed miserably.

JC however shouts and swears from the touchline. He gets himself in a bit of bother from the refs for doing so. And I like that in a manager. It shows he actually cares. But from what I've seen on Setanta since January, he shouts and shouts and shouts, but none of the players seem to care about what he's shouting about. Yes he gives his all, but his players just don't seem to care.

It's a hell of a lot easier to pay off one manager's contract than cancel a whole stack of players' contracts. Which is why I think we should be getting rid of JC now, and not waiting til Xmas. It's been mentioned that we are only five points off third place. I can't see the players responding to JC's rallying cries between now and Xmas. If all we can hope for is a win against St Mirren at the end of November, then we are in a shit shit state and something needs to be changed NOW. The players need a rocket up their arse. They need to be known that they are not indespensible and that they can be replaced.

I'd like to see JC given his marching orders and JN given a crack at the whip. He seems to have a good footballing brain on him and knows how to get the best out of the players ... it was his direction that masterminded the defensive showing vs Dnipro.

I think change is needed NOW. We need to be proactive and try a different manager. Too many clubs ditch their manager when it's too late. We need to act BEFORE it's too late.

RR, that is ridiculous. If Nicholl masterminded the rear guard action against Dnipro, is he therefore responsible for the catalogue of catastrophe at the back more recently?

If the last 2 performances are anything to go by, and I'm absolutely certain that I'm not alone in thinking "how in the name of fuck did we lose yesterday?", I'm very confident that things will be substantially different by the winter solstice.

The teams ahead of us, all of 5 points ahead given we have raked in fuck all in 15,  aren't exactly steaming away over any horizon. They will regret not making more progress whilst we have our period of shite.

The teams ahead of us, all of 5 points ahead given we have raked in fuck all in 15,  aren't exactly steaming away over any horizon. They will regret not making more progress whilst we have our period of shite.

Conversly we will regret not making progress whilst they are all shite.........

I doubt it. We won't go on such a losing streak again this season. I suspect United won't too.

Is that a rule, one losing streak per season? Any idea when this one is due to end? :-\

If Langfield was to get injured, I think you may see another one!

Are we the new Falkirk.

We played well? Well whoopee-fucking-doooo.  Doesnae matter a fuck how well we play as we have nobody capable of putting the ball in the back of the net.  It is then inevitable that a poor defensive mistake or some shocking refereeing will cost us games.

Losses to ICT, Hamilton, United and Hibs at home.

When is that ever acceptable?

When will we get that first win?  No opportunity till November now and can't say I confident about beating even Killie at home.  Not looking good

I think change is needed NOW. We need to be proactive and try a different manager. Too many clubs ditch their manager when it's too late. We need to act BEFORE it's too late.

Knee jerk reaction to a poor start.

If it starts to look like we are adrift at the bottom maybe.

Also, If JC goes I have no doubt he'll get another gig quite quickly, and I also think JN will go with him.

I still think we'd get lumped with Sandy Clarke, even in a stand-in capacity.

Also, If JC goes I have no doubt he'll get another gig quite quickly, and I also think JN will go with him.

1. Its not knee jerk, we are are 8 games in, its October!

2. So we have to be adrift and lost at sea, not even bottom for it to be unacceptable?

3. Possibly, possibly not.

4. ROFL, no chance - hang on the board are stupid enough to stand behind Calderwood and extend his contract after humiliating defeats - you could be right!

1. Its not knee jerk, we are are 8 games in, its October! And for most of last season

2. So we have to be adrift and lost at sea, not even bottom for it to be unacceptable?we're playing well, things will get better :wave:

3. Possibly, possibly not. I'm sure he would get another gig. Most likely at Falkirk or somewhere like Dundee

4. ROFL, no chance - hang on the board are stupid enough to stand behind Calderwood and extend his contract after humiliating defeats - you could be right!lets hope not

I kinda agree, I wouldn't sack JC just now.  Although why you'd bother that JC got another gig quite quickly is beyond me.

However, why do we continue to have poor starts under Calderwood?  It's not ok to continue to say "it's ok, we always start slowly", at some point it becomes "not ok", at some point it will ruin our season. This may be that time. Conversely, it may not.  But why do we continually make it tough for ourselves when it's already fucking tough as it is?  Going to Inverness, Hamilton, Tannadice and Easter Road, to try to recover those points is going to be extremely hard. Not beyond us, by any means, but at the moment we're struggling to score goals and the "star" striker we signed in the summer is seldom thought highly enough of to make an appearance from the bench when we need it.

Things don't look good, but I'm willing to give it time, for the moment. But, the excuses of "but we played well" and "new players have to settle in" are quickly fading. This can not continue indefinitely, surely everyone realises this? And if it does continue, surely there's only one outcome?

I kinda agree, I wouldn't sack JC just now.  Although why you'd bother that JC got another gig quite quickly is beyond me.

However, why do we continue to have poor starts under Calderwood?  It's not ok to continue to say "it's ok, we always start slowly", at some point it becomes "not ok", at some point it will ruin our season. This may be that time. Conversely, it may not.  But why do we continually make it tough for ourselves when it's already fucking tough as it is?  Going to Inverness, Hamilton, Tannadice and Easter Road, to try to recover those points is going to be extremely hard. Not beyond us, by any means, but at the moment we're struggling to score goals and the "star" striker we signed in the summer is seldom thought highly enough of to make an appearance from the bench when we need it.

Things don't look good, but I'm willing to give it time, for the moment. But, the excuses of "but we played well" and "new players have to settle in" are quickly fading. This can not continue indefinitely, surely everyone realises this? And if it does continue, surely there's only one outcome?

2 stats

Worst start since uncle ebbe's first season in 1999

JC's SPL record this calendar year:

Played 26

Wins - Home: 6 Away: 3

Draws - Home: 3 Away: 1

Lost - Home: 6 Away: 7

Goals For: 30

Goals Against: 40