Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

So whats everyones thoughts on the big game this weekend?

Guest Donslegend

Guest Donslegend

Can we do it against rangers at home?  Several people have said that the game in glasgow was very promising and that we can easily beat the gers at home.  I'm not too sure, i want to be positive but i feel that most of the pressure will be on us and in the past it has never done us any favours.  Hearts don't deserve the final UEFA cup place as we have been far more consistant throughout the season.  If they pipped us in the last game it would destroy my summer big time.  Are we looking at a sell out?

Guest Donslegend

Hope so like, just feel that the gers will be hurting after the killie defeat and we will have to work even harder to win.  In saying that i think some of the gers players will be coming out for one last game, if so that may work to our favour as they will be short of match fitness.

Can we do it against rangers at home?  Several people have said that the game in glasgow was very promising and that we can easily beat the gers at home.  I'm not too sure, i want to be positive but i feel that most of the pressure will be on us and in the past it has never done us any favours.  Hearts don't deserve the final UEFA cup place as we have been far more consistant throughout the season.  If they pipped us in the last game it would destroy my summer big time.  Are we looking at a sell out?

We'll lose, Hearts will win, Hearts will be in Europe, Hearts will be dumped out of Europe before the group stages.

Every chance of beating Rangers IF we play like we did against Celtic only with a bit more composure. Also Rangers do not have a world class goalkeeper and they have a Derek Whyte central defence pairing.

Yes I can see a victory if we believe and the fans dont get on the teams back after 10 minutes.

Barry Nicholson back from suspension is a bonus. Just get intae em heid first!

I think we have the capability to do some damage to Rangers ... IF Lovell gets his scoring boots on. We MUST attack this game from our most comfortable formation. None of this 1-5-4 stuff that Jimmy keeps inventing. It's clear that our boys are at their best in a traditional 4-4-2. I'd like Miller to be paired up with Lovell for once. It'd be interesting to see what sort of damage these boys can do when they're on-form and on the park at the same time. Both have it in them to be clinical, natural finishers. And the pair of them and Mackie have a fairly good scoring record for us against the Huns .. ie I'm sure they've all scored over the past two seasons against them.

But I reckon our best hope exists in Stevie Naesmith. He loves playing for Killie. And I seriously reckon he's not going to be playing in Scotland next season, and reckon he knows it too. One last fond farewell to the Rugby Park fans with a flurry of goals would certainly not be beyond his capability. If he did, he'd make us "vewy pwoud", to quote Sir Alex!

My money is on us getting a draw with the huns, but Killie also getting a score-draw with Hearts.

Guest ShoogRed83

My confidence has been all over the place but think we shud clinch it Sunday. Hearts are a poor side and are due a defeat. Killie can play sum decent stuff and I feel the Nish/Naismith partnership can be very effective.

We shud definitely start 4-4-2. I'd push Foster into midfield and play Considine at left back, with Clark dropping out. Even thogh we played well on Sat, Jimmy wont get away with playing Mackie on the wing. He is much more of a threat through the middle.

Guest At The Border Guy

Am usually a cynical, pessimistic sh*t, but it hasn't stopped me from spending £50 of my very limited funds to get north for this.  Think there's every chance we could do it despite our history as a team of bottlers.

Guest Donslegend

Same i'm going to this game to sing and shout my ass off, feck it if we go out lets do it supporting the team giving them the send off othey deserve for the constant hard work this season.

Langfield challenging at a corner?! Hey it's Langfield we've got in goals ... not Nick Colgan! Anyone remember his comical sprint at the end of the 2-0 match a few seasons ago? Tried to score a goal in the last minute of injury time for the Hibees but ended up watching Zerouali disappear into the distance to score into an open net.

Thank God we don't have any keepers like that. Just about shat my pants when we were being linked with Colgan a couple of seasons ago!