Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Rangers

For us tae get in Europe we need them tae win every game, but am wonderin if ye wid sacrifice that to see them lose the league, UEFA Cup and Scottish Cup?

Oor best chance o' gettin in Europe is for them to have the league wrapped up before they come to Pittodrie on the last day, so that they can rest players for the finals and have a better chance o' victory.

Granted the two cup finals dinnae hae any bearing on our league position, but if they could win the league before the last day they'd be able to rest players givin them a better chance in the two cup finals.

So, would ye be happy tae see them win the quadruple so we can get in Europe, or wid ye rather they won fuck all else, and we didnae mak it into the UEFA next year?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't give a fuck what Rangers do. If them winning the League paves the way for us to finish 3rd then I would take that. On the same token I don't think it is going to happen. I think the League is swinging Celtic's way at the moment, all things considered.

Aberdeen every time. It shouldn't even need to be asked on an Aberdeen forum. As much as I would love to deny them the title on the last day for sheer evil pleasure, I'd far rather they came to Pittodrie with it in the bag so we have a better chance of taking them. If any Motherwell result goes against us from now, particularly if we can't beat them next week (which looks like a very very big ask) then I will be hoping we can derail the huns league campaign just so that there is something to take from the last part of the season. Until then its dons all the way, whatever the cost.

I'm not going to lie, I don't want to see Rangers winning the quad, because living in Glasgow will be hell after that. However, that is of minor significance to me, I just want Aberdeen to finish the season as strongly as possible, if that means we get into Europe, then great!  :thumbsup:

Is it still possible for them to secure the title before the last game of the season? After today's result it's pretty likely it'll go down to the last game. I'll take securing a UEFA spot and denying the filth the title at Pittodrie. :thumbsup:

If Celtic drop points then yes. However, if we still want Europe and for it to not be the last game of the season (ie huns still thinking they need to try against us) it would need to be a draw against Hibs at Parkhead. This would mean Hibs would then have to draw against Motherwell and not win. Still possible but you are practically fucking with the fabric of space and time by this point  8)

Guest swaddon

I want Rangers to just finish with just the Diddy Insurance Cup. I think Aberdeen have left it too late to get into Europe, and as controversial as it sounds, we don't deserve to be in the UEFA Cup next season based on some of the results and performances we have had this season.

If Celtic drop points then yes. However, if we still want Europe and for it to not be the last game of the season (ie huns still thinking they need to try against us) it would need to be a draw against Hibs at Parkhead. This would mean Hibs would then have to draw against Motherwell and not win. Still possible but you are practically fucking with the fabric of space and time by this point  8)

:lolabove:

So, would ye be happy tae see them win the quadruple so we can get in Europe, or wid ye rather they won fuck all else, and we didnae mak it into the UEFA next year?

I'd take the sacrifice. We don't make Europe for one season....so what? Rangers win the quad......thats forever. Life would be unbearable.

I'd take the sacrifice. We don't make Europe for one season....so what? Rangers win the quad......thats forever. Life would be unbearable.

These fuckers win trophies every year. Who gives a shit what they win. Its just noise.

I want European nights and I want lots of them  8)

I can't see them winning it. They are up against a much better side and they are running out of steam fast. Their bottle will go and the crab will lead them to a glorious disaster. Keep the faith

They were awful today. Fingers crossed for a spectacular failure. If they just ended up with the domestic cup double then it would be acceptable.

Same here. Don't really care if they win the domestic trophies. Would hate them to win the UEFA cup though.

We can help stop them winning the league, but we have to rely on Ricksen and co to stop them winning the UEFA  :hammer:

Agreed dont care if they win the domestic trophies but Please god not the UEFA cup.  

Working today they were coming in bloody minks. The stuff they were singing was vile and proves why i think they are Scum.

Ajja i wish i could keep faith but they have had so much luck to get to the final.  Just glad Zenit have no games until final and can prepare properly with no injuries.  :thumbsup:

I'm surprised that some folk wid be willing tae take the sacrifice, the reason I asked on here was because someone said it the other day and I didn't get it.  They'd rather Rangers lose everything than we get in Europe?  I dinnae get that logic.  Fa gives a fuck aboot them, as long as we're deein the job on the park, surely that's all that counts?

If someone had said tae me at the start o' the year that we'd finish 3rd, get to the semis o' both cup comps and the last 32 of the UEFA, but in return Rangers won the quadruple, I'd have snapped their arm aff.

Aberdeen first and foremost.  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, it's not gonna work that way.

When we play them on the last game of the season, it's likely that they will win the league and we won't make Europe OR they lose the league and we will make Europe. Either 2 good things or 2 bad things are gonna happen  ???

On the one hand i want aberdeen to qualify for europe but i dont want to see the huns win anything

But i dont believe we have a strong enough team/squad for europe

Then again even if we play a few games in europe the money will help invest in aberdeen

shit what a choice to have to make

maybe the best i can hope for is us to qualify for europe by beating the huns last day of the season and that said result also losing them the league