Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pavol Masaryk

Jimmy on trail of hitman Masaryk

Hunt is on for players

By Andrew Moir

Published: 28/04/2008

DONS boss Jimmy Calderwood’s star search took him to Bratislava at the weekend.

Calderwood was understood to be watching SK Slovan Bratislava striker Pavol Masaryk.

The hitman scored in Bratislava’s 3-0 victory over AS Trencin.

Calderwood, who has again been linked with Dunfermline duo Mark Burchill and Darren Young, needs to bolster his squad with numerous players on the way out this summer.

Striker Lee Miller, who scored the winner against Hibs, could join that long list and the Dons are planning for life without him.

Masaryk would prove to be a capable replacement who finished as the third top scorer in the league last season.

Pittodrie chief Willie Miller refused to confirm where his manager was at the weekend.

“Jimmy could have been anywhere in Europe on Saturday,†said Miller.

“We are not going to make any comment on where he was or speculate on any names.

“But we’ve been busy identifying transfer targets and will only comment once players have signed for us.â€

Meanwhile, striker Miller has dropped the biggest hint yet that he will follow Barry Nicholson out of Pittodrie.

The former Dundee United striker has been offered a new deal by the Dons by seems keen to move down south.

He said: “I will wait and see what happens, the talks are on-going.

“I am keeping an open mind. I think I have had a decent season so I just need to wait and see what comes up.â€

Miller, who has attracted interest from both Blackpool and Ipswich Town, previously had a spell with Bristol City and could opt for another crack at life in England.

He added: “The Hibs game was the first I have enjoyed for a while.

“I had not scored for a few games, so it was nice to get the winning goal.â€

Guest Caroline B

LoL BigAl if he was scouting players from Real Mallorca I'd be very excited. Guiza, Ibagaza, Jonas, Arango, Nunes and Moya all welcome. :)

We can only dream about those players GD

I still think we need to keep Miller and still maintain, get someone who knows how to play football alongside him and we'd reap the rewards of it.

re Pavol Masaryk, AFC have already stated they are not naming names, could have been any number of players in either team he was watching. If he was after ihim, not bad going after a league's 3rd top scorer. :Jimmypullitoutofthebagsmilie:  :thumbsup:

Edit: BigAl, you beat me to it!

I still think we need to keep Miller and still maintain, get someone who knows how to play football alongside him and we'd reap the rewards of it.

re Pavol Masaryk, AFC have already stated they are not naming names, could have been any number of players in either team he was watching. If he was after ihim, not bad going after a league's 3rd top scorer. :Jimmypullitoutofthebagsmilie:  :thumbsup:

Edit: BigAl, you beat me to it!

:thumbsup:

While I'd like Miller to stay, he's got some fucking cheek considering we rescued him from Dundee Utd reserves and continued to pay his over inflated wages then waited 6 months for him to even break sweat.

Consider that to be fair comment as well, certainly didn't endear himself during his first while at AFC

Perhaps you'd all rather pick a front two from Mackie, Maguire, Burchill and some dutch amateur next season

It's a simple equation, sign or be damned.

Miller hasn't enjoyed many games recently? He should try paying to watch it, maybe he'd enjoy it less.

My anger at the performance in the semi-final shows no sign of reducing. If anything, probably because I wasn't there, it's getting worse and any cunt that reckons they are due a bumper contract after that can suck satan's cock dry.

It's a simple equation, sign or be damned.

Miller hasn't enjoyed many games recently? He should try paying to watch it, maybe he'd enjoy it less.

My anger at the performance in the semi-final shows no sign of reducing. If anything, probably because I wasn't there, it's getting worse and any cunt that reckons they are due a bumper contract after that can suck satan's cock dry.

I cant agree more. Not ONE of those players should be sticking thier heads above the parapet just now, never mind this toe rag waiting out for more money.  He should remember that a game like the semi fianal is a show piece event that scouts and managers will take notice of.  I dare say they did take notice. Notice to stay the fuk away from over payed pre-maddonas that cant put a shift in when it matters.

No BigAl, I was there and the pure and utter rage at that performance has not left me yet. It boils insipidly under the surface, waiting until something like this is brought up.

I cant agree more. Not ONE of those players should be sticking thier heads above the parapet just now, never mind this toe rag waiting out for more money.  He should remember that a game like the semi fianal is a show piece event that scouts and managers will take notice of.  I dare say they did take notice. Notice to stay the fuk away from over payed pre-maddonas that cant put a shift in when it matters.

No BigAl, I was there and the pure and utter rage at that performance has not left me yet. It boils insipidly under the surface, waiting until something like this is brought up.

Ken fit ye're saying, I was there as well, and no one was raging more than me, believe me mate, BUT we need to move on. Should everyone involved that day be punted ?

Ken fit ye're saying, I was there as well, and no one was raging more than me, believe me mate, BUT we need to move on. Should everyone involved that day be punted ?

:clap:  It hurts, but we have to move on, no point dwelling on the past, though its what we do best though eh? ;) It was a terrible result, but not the worst, its not like we got horsed, just unlucky and carelessness  :hammer:. It happens to us a lot but thats life. It made easier for me by just realising this and that its not the end of the world, had that have happened in the final, I would have been even more gutted. All that matters now is trying to finish strongly, and I think the players want this too. They owe us and they know it.

The way that I will move on is to buy my season ticket for next season, to be positive, to show my support to the CLUB, not Milne, or claderwood and his what may appear according to the speculation a half baked team or anybody else involved in the club at the moment because in time these people will dissapear, but what will carry on is Aberdeen Football Club and its support.

The way that I will move on is to buy my season ticket for next season, to be positive, to show my support to the CLUB, not Milne, or claderwood and his what may appear according to the speculation a half baked team or anybody else involved in the club at the moment because in time these people will dissapear, but what will carry on is Aberdeen Football Club and its support.

Ach, this is the same old statement that is trotted out season after season.  Now I'm not having a pop at you here, not at all.  But supporting "the club" by buying your season ticket is the same as supporting Milne et al.

The thing is, less and less fans are choosing to do that each season but nothing is being done by them to counter act that.

It's like a slow lamenting death and once the last season ticket holder subsides, they'll be able to switch the lights off without anybody noticing.

The problem is, what do you do?  Stop going and harm the budget of the club you love or keep going, which makes them thing they can serve us up with any old pish and we'll keep coming back?