Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

3rd place - lets play with some optimism for a week ?

I was sat on the touchline at ibrox tonight (first aider) and i must say that it was highly enjoyable watching the huns having hissy fits and getting on the teams back till spongebaz squarepass poped up.

Then watching them squirm as well suddenly started to play a bit

schadenfreude etc etc

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poped up?

Is that in the vernacular or just a Freudian slip? ;)

I could def see Baz all poped up, there's a fair bit of bling goes with the job, goldy lookin' chains and sovvy rings galore

pope.jpg

Guest fatshaft

Blimey, this is now a real possibility  :o

Saturday, 10 May 2008

Motherwell v Aberdeen, 15:00

Rangers v Dundee Utd, 12:30

Sunday, 11 May 2008

Celtic v Hibernian, 12:30

Saturday, 17 May 2008

Motherwell v Rangers, 12:30

Thursday, 22 May 2008

Aberdeen v Rangers, 19:45

Dundee Utd v Celtic, 19:45

Hibernian v Motherwell, 19:45

3  Motherwell  35  1  53

4 Dundee Utd 36 9 52

5 Hibernian 36 8 52

6 Aberdeen 36 -9 50

Guest bloo_toon_red

Just speculating last night, there is every chance we finish level on points with Motherwell (or the other two).  I wonder if those people who were apathetic towards Diamond's disallowed goal at Celtic Park will have a change of heart to their position?

Just speculating last night, there is every chance we finish level on points with Motherwell (or the other two).  I wonder if those people who were apathetic towards Diamond's disallowed goal at Celtic Park will have a change of heart to their position?

Thing is there is nothing we can do about it. That's where my apathy came from, I mean what can be done ? We could just as easily be raging about the goal we lost to St Mirren at Pittodrie to draw 1-1 or the fuck up to let Nade score at Pittodrie or the hitting the post and bar at 4-3 in the semi. None of it will change. If we don't make third it will because we didn't do enough. Simple as.

Thing is there is nothing we can do about it. That's where my apathy came from, I mean what can be done ? We could just as easily be raging about the goal we lost to St Mirren at Pittodrie to draw 1-1 or the fuck up to let Nade score at Pittodrie or the hitting the post and bar at 4-3 in the semi. None of it will change. If we don't make third it will because we didn't do enough. Simple as.

I see what you're saying and i do agree but a simple refereeing decision that he should never have got wrong could make a huge difference.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Of course, I agree but that's not the point I was making.

What upset me a couple of weeks ago was that a few people were saying the likes of:

But what difference would it have made in the slightest, to our season if we'd got a point at Parkhead on Saturday?

if the disallowing of that goal prevents the huns from winning the league, I can handle it.

It's the short-sighted attitude of people like this that rankles me.  Only a couple of seasons ago Hibs overturned a 6 point deficit on us over a period of 3 or 4 games to finish third (or fourth, can't remember).

But for a couple of hours post QoS, I've never really lost that optimism that we could get third but I always knew in the back of my mind that that refereeing cock-up could cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Guest bloo_toon_red

get over it.

As I always say it's better to hate it than be indifferent to it. At least it has triggered some kind of emotional response.

Same applies here.  :wave:

Guest bloo_toon_red

A decision going against us is a bit different from some band you like :P being shite

Real fans care more.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Well then you are an idiot ;D

Me and 9,500 other season ticket holders who watch our money line the pockets of these incompetent cunts, yes.

Guest bloo_toon_red

What you pay to aberdeen is written off by what you destroy at other grounds.  ;D

:lolabove:

My logic being that I'd rather my contribution to away sides' gate receipts don't go toward "squad improvements".  The £5 this week wont go very far though...