Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

3rd place - lets play with some optimism for a week ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe Motherwell can realistically be caught... but it would be so funny to finish higher than United.  They have been much better than us all season!!!  It'd be hilarious seeing them finishing below us in the league, and trophyless at the end of their "big" season!

;D

I don't believe Motherwell can realistically be caught... but it would be so funny to finish higher than United.  They have been much better than us all season!!!  It'd be hilarious seeing them finishing below us in the league, and trophyless at the end of their "big" season!

;D

That would almost make everything worthwhile.

Is it just me who feels like this season has been going for about 6 years?

;D

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!  I bet a Arab mink I was on a stag do with, a score that we'd finish above them.  he's been winding me up for ages saying I may as well cough up now.  Joke could be on you jute boy!

It would just be so beautiful if:

The huns beat Hibs tomorrow and Motherwell on Wednesday to put them 2 points behind Celtic with 2 games in hand.

Then we beat Motherwell next Saturday and UTD get a draw at Ibrox meaning we move level with Motherwell and huns are 1 point off Celtic with a game in hand.

Then Celtic beat Hibs on the Sunday to go 4 points clear with 2 games extra played.

On the Saturday huns beat Motherwell to go within 1 point with a game in hand.

Assume huns beat St Mirren in midweek to go 2 points clear at top.

Then on the last day, Hibs beat/draw with Motherwell at ER, Celtic hammer UTD at Tannadice and we beat the huns.

We take 3rd and the huns lose the league. Its the stuff of dreams  ;D

It would just be so beautiful if:

The huns beat Hibs tomorrow and Motherwell on Wednesday to put them 2 points behind Celtic with 2 games in hand.

Then we beat Motherwell next Saturday and UTD get a draw at Ibrox meaning we move level with Motherwell and huns are 1 point off Celtic with a game in hand.

Then Celtic beat Hibs on the Sunday to go 4 points clear with 2 games extra played.

On the Saturday huns beat Motherwell to go within 1 point with a game in hand.

Assume huns beat St Mirren in midweek to go 2 points clear at top.

Then on the last day, Hibs beat/draw with Motherwell at ER, Celtic hammer UTD at Tannadice and we beat the huns.

We take 3rd and the huns lose the league. Its the stuff of dreams  ;D

That's the stuff of WET dreams more like!!!  That and the huns also losing the UEFA cup final.  I could die a happy man!

Next week will be a tough fixture.

We were woeful at Fir Park last time around and Motherwell came at us and destroyed us. The pitch is terrible. They have a pretty good home record and probably know that 3 points somewhere will see them through to 3rd. They must be looking at us as their best option of those 3 points and will be well up for the game. Def a tricky game and we will have to be at our best to take 3 points. Its another 'cup final' fixture.

As long as its not a cup "SEMI" final fixture, we'll be fine.  :hammer:

Ha, true.  Never really occurred to me till you said that, that two of the most gutting results I've witnessed in many a year both came in cup semi-finals in the one season :(

I thought Rangers had to drop points somewhere along the way? But I'll take it you've got that right anyway Ajja, I like the looks of that! I was talking to a tim yesterday and he couldn't understand why I wanted Rangers to win every game apart from the last one at Pittodrie. Fool.  ;D

It would be an absolutely phenomenal way to end the season, good to see we're finally trying!  :thumbsup:

I don't care whether or not Rangers win the league, infact I think it would be better if they'd already won it by the time they play Aberdeen, means it will be a nothing game for them, and potentially the game to get Aberdeen back into Europe for us.