Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

3rd place - lets play with some optimism for a week ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our game at Fir Park might be the biggy. I can see us taking care of UTD at Pittodrie and the OF taking care of the others in between as they chase the title. Got to hope Celtic win tomorrow to keep the title alive. I think Motherwell look like a team who are crawling over the line in terms of performances. If we can get some momentum behind us then this set of results is a tall order but clearly possible. Hibs could still be in a position to win against Motherwell and get 54 points meaning they would be 3rd if we lost to Rangers  in the scenario I have laid out above. Still something to play for, however tenuous.

I too looked at the table this evening and dared to start hoping again.  Todays motherwell result went for us, so there is now something to play for. Like you say Ajja, we need to build momentum and look to win ALL our remaining fixtures. Its back to last seasons menatlity of                       one                   game             at          a                    time.  These players owe us after "that" cup game. Now is the time for them to prove themselves.  After alll, they were perpetually spouting off about this is where they want to be with regards to fixtures.

time to prove it!!!!

Supporting Aberdeen is a bit like dating a slut.  You love her hole and keep going back for more knowing she's gonna fuck about as soon as you are round the corner.  Sometimes the old ticker can only takes so many bumps before it needs a rest.  I am now in my rest period.  Mind you going by potential signings there are plenty more bumps awaiting next year.

Its true flooter, AFC is like a drug but we are all hooked and we don't need some clean mother fucker coming and telling us how good it is when you are off the shit.

We all want to hope and dream and we will cling onto whatever bullshit there is to believe in. At present there is a faint hope that we can salvage something from this season. Let us dwell on this and until its not possible bask in the potential glory. I feel good about it all.  ;D:thumbsup:

At present there is a faint hope that we can salvage something from this season

I think this sums it up for me really. To get to the last 32 of Europe's top CUP competition (the CL is a league, hehe!), not to mention the semi final of BOTH national cups.

The Aberdeen players owe it to us to fight on until we either get third place, or another result from another fixture (ie NOT an Aberdeen game) makes it mathmatically impossible for us to get 3rd place.

Like has been said before, if the Old Firm play to their potential then we are in with a chance. The fact that the league has not been decided yet will work in our favour, because the bigot brothers will be going all out to make sure they are not the side to slip up.

And the onus is on Motherwell to actually get something out of those games-in-hand that they have. I am quietly confident that we can get good results from the Motherwell and Rangers games. It's the United game that worries me. Those pikey arab bastards have well and truly screwed us this season, and I think they will do it again.

Maybe JN should take charge for the United too given JC's blank spot for Harry Potter's tactics.

Having said that we should beat united at home but reckon the well game will be the one we slip up with. 

If we beat united I may even come out of my early retirement and head to fir park :o

I think you are right. We should take care of UTD if we are hungry enough but playing Motherwell at Fir Park is not something we do well. The pitch will make it a bit of a lottery though so we might have a chance. Would be good just to get to that point knowing that we could have something to play for against the huns.  They will have almost certainly wrapped up the title by then so will have nothing to play for. If they haven't then we are unlikely to be looking at 3rd as someone will have had to beat them and that will blow our chances. We need Hibs, Motherwell and UTD to pick up very few points from now on.

I admire all this positive thinking and blind faith but you seem to be forgetting one thing;  we've been so inconsistant over the course of the season that there's no way we'll possibly get 5 wins on the bounce, let alone against the top 5 teams who have all skelpt our hides before the run in.

who needs 5 wins on the bounce?

I think United next week will be the toughest out of them all. Levein has them organised and they know how to win ugly.

If we did manage to beat them, and the OF done their jobs, then i think the players would realise that 3rd is back on the cards and hopefully give Motherwell a royal pumping the next week.

Then again, we are Aberdeen  :-\

I think United next week will be the toughest out of them all. Levein has them organised and they know how to win ugly.

If we did manage to beat them, and the OF done their jobs, then i think the players would realise that 3rd is back on the cards and hopefully give Motherwell a royal pumping the next week.

Then again, we are Aberdeen  :-\

Thats the exact difference between them this season and us. Rangers have hardly been inspiring, even to their own bigoted support surely, but winning is what its about.

By choosing not to go yesterday, I guess I've renounced my right to offer comment on our latest performance, but the inability to win, consistent inability all year, both in terms of results and of performances, leaves me with absolutely no hope of beating both DU and MW.

who needs 5 wins on the bounce?

Well to secure 3rd place I'd say we have to win as many games as possible, both to make up for being 6th and the fact someone will take points off of the Old Firm.  Win 5 and we're 3rd, win 3 or 4 and it'll be out with the calculators, win less then it's over.

But my point is more to do with the fact I can't remember us going on a run of wins this season because we've been painfully inconsistant.  Let alone putting five decent performances together over the past 9 months.

Now folk are being all optimistic about the Dons doing just that whereas I won't be holding my breath.

But do admire their blind faith.

:thumbsup: