Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

3rd place - lets play with some optimism for a week ?

Anyone watching the Hibs Rangers game? Grim viewing, I cant see Rangers getting more than a point.  :hammer:

No. My head is telling me that it's better for Aberdeen if Rangers win, but if I watched the game after about two minutes i'd be wanting Hibs to win.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided not to bother and do work instead. As TF said yesterday, looks like the infirm could cock this up for us  :hammer:  Though a point isn't the end of the world.

If Hibs get a point against Rangers that might get them up for the game against Motherwell, which is a good thing.

How does this affect us? I can't be arsed working it out.

They'll be 2 ahead of us, having played the same games, as will Dundee United.  Motherwell are a further point ahead but with 2 games in hand, both against Rangers.

Games left :-

Aberdeen - Motherwell (a) and Rangers (h) - Most points we can get is 56

Hibs - Celtic (a) and Motherwell (h) - Most points 58

Dundee United - Rangers (a) and Celtic (h) - Most points 58

Motherwell - Rangers (a), Aberdeen (h), Rangers (h), Hibs (a) - Most points 65

We have to win both our games, hope that Hibs lose to Celtic and draw with Motherwell, Dundee United lose both games against the Old Firm, and Motherwell lose twice against Rangers, once to us and draw with hibs on the last day.

:thumbsup:

Something tells me the Huns wont get 6 points from the two Motherwell games.

W need them tae win every game they play in, apart from against us, but on the evidence o the day they're tiring and it'll only get worse given they need tae play 8 games in 6 days or something silly.

Bit of a shame the huns couldn't do the business but as I said, it now means the game at Pittodrie is crucial for them providing they both win all their games. I'm slightly more nervous now. Still, at least weve won two games post split!  :thumbsup:

They'll be 2 ahead of us, having played the same games, as will Dundee United.  Motherwell are a further point ahead but with 2 games in hand, both against Rangers.

Games left :-

Aberdeen - Motherwell (a) and Rangers (h) - Most points we can get is 56

Hibs - Celtic (a) and Motherwell (h) - Most points 58

Dundee United - Rangers (a) and Celtic (h) - Most points 58

Motherwell - Rangers (a), Aberdeen (h), Rangers (h), Hibs (a) - Most points 65

We have to win both our games, hope that Hibs lose to Celtic and draw with Motherwell, Dundee United lose both games against the Old Firm, and Motherwell lose twice against Rangers, once to us and draw with hibs on the last day.

:thumbsup:

There is a degree of flexibility in the whole scenario as long as we win both games.

I think we can afford for Hibs to beat Motherwell or draw as this would only give them 55 points and we would have 56 if we win next two.

We can also afford for UTD to get a draw against huns and celtic as long as they don't win either as they would only have 54 points at the end.

We can even afford for Motherwell to pick up a point against the huns somewhere before last game of season.

Basically, draws are OK in most games and Hibs can afford a win against Well.

However this works out, it could be one hell of a last day if the title is still up for grabs and all four teams could get 3rd  :o

Just to toss another permutation into the hat here, if Motherwell get a point from the huns tonight and then UTD get a draw at Ibrox on Saturday due to the huns running out of steam. Then Celtic beat Hibs on the Sunday then Celtic would be 8 points clear. Then huns beat St Mirren but Motherwell get a draw against the huns in the next game then going into the last game we could still get 3rd but the huns couldn't win the league as they would be 4 points behind Celtic with one game to play...I think  8)

Just to toss another permutation into the hat here, if Motherwell get a point from the huns tonight and then UTD get a draw at Ibrox on Saturday due to the huns running out of steam. Then Celtic beat Hibs on the Sunday then Celtic would be 8 points clear. Then huns beat St Mirren but Motherwell get a draw against the huns in the next game then going into the last game we could still get 3rd but the huns couldn't win the league as they would be 4 points behind Celtic with one game to play...I think  8)

Ajja......impressive arithmetical prowess and dedication. If you get fucked off selling bikes, there is a position available.  ;)

Thats a shame that didn't happen, would have been quite funny! Ach well, the dream is still very much alive!  :thumbsup:

That's us sorted then and we pretty much know what needs to happen.

Us, Huns and Tims all win this weekend - not impossible at all - and we go fourth, only behind Well on gd. Well have two games left, us, Arabs and Hibs all have one. Us and Well 53pts, Utd and Hibs 52.

Huns then beat Well in the other game in hand, leaving 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the table as they are.

On the last day all 4 have a chance of 3rd but we take it if we beat the Huns and Well don't beat Hibs.

Simple  :thumbsup:

3rd still possible then after Rangers win tonight.  But looking more and more like Rangers will be coming to Pittodrie hoping to win the league here!! >:(

We can still afford for UTD to beat them at Ibrox  ;D That would put them in the position of needing Celtic only needing a draw against UTD. That would be funny.

Basically as long as neither Well, UTD or Hibs get to 56 points we can still do it. So UTD can get a further 3 points, Hibs a further 3 (but we probably need them to get these in their game against Motherwell) and Motherwell can get a further 2 points. None of these point accumulations will be a showstopper for us as long as we get to 56 points by beating Well and huns.

We can still afford for UTD to beat them at Ibrox  ;D That would put them in the position of needing Celtic only needing a draw against UTD. That would be funny.

Basically as long as neither Well, UTD or Hibs get to 56 points we can still do it. So UTD can get a further 3 points, Hibs a further 4 (but we probably need them to get most of these in their game against Motherwell) and Motherwell can get a further 2 points. None of these point accumulations will be a showstopper for us as long as we get to 56 points by beating Well and huns.

Think we are going to have add statto to your list of nicknames  ::)