Skip to content

The All New Unworthy Of It's Own Thread AFC General STUFF Thread

 Woke up this morning to the deletion of the original general thread, so here's an all new one.

Lob your general AFC stuff in here folks instead 

 

  • Replies 467
  • Views 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • wee toon red
    wee toon red

    Online clowns lashing out at everything and anything out of frustration at how poor we've been. Chairman, captain, (ex) manager, goalie and now CEO all getting it in the neck because social media allo

  • BigAl
    BigAl

    I'm starting to think you're taking the piss min 😂 Three onto The Victims, three off The Jambos, means both are + 32 and The Victims have scored more goals

  • wee toon red
    wee toon red

    There were (some) good times and (many) bad times under Milne's stewardship. He'd probably argue that is the case for most clubs and most chairmen but even if you were minded to even listen to that ar

Posted Images

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

They're two times winners you know.

Probably about the only thing they have won in my lifetime without financially cheating 😉

We are also two time winners. 🏆 🏆

A Paul Wright hat-trick helped us defeat Hearts 4-3 to win it in 1987.

  • Author
39 minutes ago, swaddon said:

We are also two time winners. 🏆 🏆

A Paul Wright hat-trick helped us defeat Hearts 4-3 to win it in 1987.

I know mate

I was being sarcastic on this occasion 😂

Nico Milanovic interview. The first half hour is worth a watch, he talks about his time in Aberdeen. Think he exaggerates slightly on some things tbh.

Not watched it, but from the written summaries I’ve seen at least he admits he’s a big girls blouse who couldn’t hack the physicality of this league.

That was for me THE number one fundamental problem throughout Thelin’s squad right there - and the main reason they all need/needed to go…

Thank Christ SR has replaced them with the absolute battlers I saw at Dens 😜

Milanovic claims that there's "loads of Northern Irish players coming in".

One is hardly "loads".

1 hour ago, swaddon said:

Milanovic claims that there's "loads of Northern Irish players coming in".

One is hardly "loads".

I’ll enjoy laughing at him this season.

7 hours ago, The.Moog said:

Not watched it, but from the written summaries I’ve seen at least he admits he’s a big girls blouse who couldn’t hack the physicality of this league.

The weather too. Not a fan of horizontal sleet the big pussy.

10 hours ago, manc_don said:

I’ll enjoy laughing at him this season.

I hope he does well enough.

His failure is on us.

We clearly never did our homework on the loon.

It's ok to have one poor signing like Milanovic, it happens, but the scale of poor signings the past 6 years is spectacular.

We easily now have a squad of Cormack era shyte, who will grace our all time worst player list.

Not much of Robinsons buys will bring in the much hyped add ons, but I think most are solid enough for this league.

21 hours ago, Ajja said:

Thank Christ SR has replaced them with the absolute battlers I saw at Dens 😜

Yep that was bad and I called them out on it as we’re all just sick & tired of seeing those attitude no shows year after year.

Fair to say they addressed it straight away the next week. Need to keep that up every week though.

I am in no doubt Thelin’s jessies would have lost both games too…

It's quite a change for ex-players to throw mud at the club, rather than claim they will always be a Don, until they then sign for our most hated rivals. Naming no names.

2 hours ago, swaddon said:

It's quite a change for ex-players to throw mud at the club, rather than claim they will always be a Don, until they then sign for our most hated rivals. Naming no names.

If you read books from our ex players, I don't think I have read one where the player didn't write highly of the club.

They may have had a shit time on the pitch whilst with us, but always wrote about a well run club, who looked after their players and staff and usually all had nice things to say about the City.

I don't like reading and hearing that hasn't quite been the case recently.

We shouldn't sell our soul in the persuit of gnasher and his Yankee pals wanting (and failing) to make us a top 100 club.

We know we are THE top club and don't need any verification to prove it.

Edited by TheDonbytheDee

Some of this will be media driven. When a story lands well (views, chat etc) then journos naturally go looking for more of the same. I saw Jensen has now been interviewed. Haven’t read the article. Seedy, west coast journos will be creeping around all our ex-players now looking for tit bits to stick a few more knives in and get ‘clicks’.

On 21/08/2026 at 05:35, STFU_Donny said:

The weather too. Not a fan of horizontal sleet the big pussy.

Wish the Croats I played against down here (in the 'pub' leagues) were pussies.

They were fckg mental.

1 hour ago, Ajja said:

Some of this will be media driven. When a story lands well (views, chat etc) then journos naturally go looking for more of the same. I saw Jensen has now been interviewed. Haven’t read the article. Seedy, west coast journos will be creeping around all our ex-players now looking for tit bits to stick a few more knives in and get ‘clicks’.

It was a bit of a nothing piece tbh. Nothing to get excited about. Basically said they had an honest discussion and both decided Elfsborg would be the right move. Even wished the new manager well and urged fans to be patient.

15 hours ago, Ajja said:

Seedy, west coast journos will be creeping around all our ex-players now looking for tit bits to stick a few more knives in and get ‘clicks’.

Jensen was interviewed by the Press and Journal.

Mitov was interviewed by a freelance journalist who lives in Aberdeen.

Milanovic spoke to a podcast from outwith Scotland.

Shinnie spoke to a journalist who lives and works in Aberdeen, and was asked one question about Aberdeen (I know this because I watched the whole interview). The rest of it was previewing Hearts v Inverness.

"West coast journos" indeed.

Edited by Panda

8 hours ago, Panda said:

Jensen was interviewed by the Press and Journal.

Mitov was interviewed by a freelance journalist who lives in Aberdeen.

Milanovic spoke to a podcast from outwith Scotland.

Shinnie spoke to a journalist who lives and works in Aberdeen, and was asked one question about Aberdeen (I know this because I watched the whole interview). The rest of it was previewing Hearts v Inverness.

"West coast journos" indeed.

I was speculating about the future rather than what had gone before but yeah, take your point.

Said freelance journalist did appear to have framed Celtic photos on his wall…

Anyone know if we’ll be selling the pregame shirt? Not a fan of the gear this year, this one i’d do. Think I’ve seen it in short sleeve too??

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Anyone know if we’ll be selling the pregame shirt? Not a fan of the gear this year, this one i’d do. Think I’ve seen it in short sleeve too??

image.jpeg

No idea I'm afraid, maybe email the club shop?

  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_1549.jpeg

Gonna be a laugh us being rubbish this season, but us all getting a cup final day out when the Aberdeen B team wins the Challenge Cup.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

IMG_1549.jpeg

Gonna be a laugh us being rubbish this season, but us all getting a cup final day out when the Aberdeen B team wins the Challenge Cup.

Is this like the UFWC, in which Scotland are statistically the best football team ever?

3 hours ago, Panda said:

IMG_1549.jpeg

Gonna be a laugh us being rubbish this season, but us all getting a cup final day out when the Aberdeen B team wins the Challenge Cup.

Wait until we get riddin raw by Elgin.

4 hours ago, swaddon said:

Is this like the UFWC, in which Scotland are statistically the best football team ever?

I believe so, someone has painstakingly worked it out from the very first match played in the Scottish Cup in 1873 until now. It appears we have won it on 85 occasions, for a total of 332 matches, most recently in May this year after we beat Hibs.

Now, do we hold the title or do Aberdeen B'?

Full list of results here

Google Docs
No image preview

Unofficial Scottish Football Championship Full List

Edited by Panda

I love a good spreadsheet but even I’m stretching it being impressed by that, what possesses some folk 🤣

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.