Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Good guys vs. them v.2.0

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Bit harsh. I think it’s manc who rates him? He came here with a good record and had been capped/looking to get more caps for New Zealand. Was thrown in a little at the deep end, hopefully despite the injury he’s more settled now. I think that all means something. There was nothing to suggest from his past that Gurr was ever a player.

anyway, between Hayes and mcgarry left wing back is not a concern of mine. Think sokler showed today he’s worth a few games, I’d argue duk is no longer an unknown and opponents know more how to play him. Give sokler a run to get confidence and sharpness pre cup final and I’d run the two of them, he and miovski, at hampden.

I rate him going forward, but defending isn't his strong suit...Much improved over the last season or two so I hope it works out for him with us. We'll see.  

Great to read Sokler and Miovski played well together, we've needed that partnership to be given a go. And actually use our squad! Will take the point, definitely a better result to wake to than I feared.

Thought we started the game well and deserved to go ahead but as the half wore on the Tribute Act started to get more and more on top forcing a number of good saves from Roos. Lost count of the number of crosses they got in to our box. 2nd half we just sat to deep and invited Tribute Act on to us. Ref/VAR was eventually going to get a chance to give Tribute Act their obligatory penalty. Thought we got worse with subs. Sokler impressed although he should have scored his early chance. Miovski’s finish was excellent. I will be stunned if we keep him past the end of January. 

IMG_3951.thumb.jpeg.f6782d99731bd7a1fe9377ebae720049.jpegIMG_3952.thumb.jpeg.fb0496a6cdc485d39e3045f4a06744ba.jpeg
In the whole Aberdeen raising their game 'debate', did we actually perform better v Rangers?

In the first half we did, played pretty well actually. But in the second half we were every bit as bad as at Parkhead.

Interesting to note, Rangers had more shots at goal than Celtic, more shots on target, and almost as much possession. The difference was Celtic were clinical, Rangers were not.