Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs St. Midden

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn’t enjoy the first but we finished the second half slightly stronger than them. Thought st Mirren looked very comfortable and I’d be gutted if I was a saint at losing that. Still, I’m not so I’m very pleased. Three great goals, obviously two for us being the most important thing. Some of our play was good but that killer instinct in the box was seriously lacking. Agree with jute that we looked much better with two up top, whether that was Edmondson per se I don’t know, but worked much better. Subs got the team playing the way it should do.

Good to go into the international break with some confidence. Bring on the arabs! 

Winning is the best habit you can have in football and another three points on board is what it is all about.

We have played better and lost games before and we will do so again, so gladly take that hard won three points.

I hate international fitba, spoils the flow of our season.

Hope McInnes sticks with the same type of line up / style of fitba,but learns how to adjust to how teams learn to play against us.Think we tried to keep doing the same things/one twos in the first half,but didnt seem to know what to do different when it wasnt working. Looked to me like we had to keep the tempo up,but change our movement or run at the defence a bit more?

Hopefully things theyll work out as long as they stick with it 

Edited by Elgindon

One thing that is very much noticeable is the lack of passing it across the defence and back again, and then playing it long. When we did play it long, it was nice and early and into the channels. It's just so much more watchable and entertaining. I also think it's important that players like Wright are allowed to make an arse of things. Trying little flicks and clever passes is completely fine, and probably a lot easier with a crowd-free ground. They didn't come off for him at all last night, but they can be exactly the type of thing that makes the difference between scoring and not. For too many years we've been drilled into taking the extra touch, turning and passing or taking a first touch backwards before laying off, so it's great to see a bit more directness. McGinn is very much in the latter, where he always takes an extra touch, which he largely makes up for by being excellent at crossing, but he is very culpable for slowing down a fast break. I think that if we're going to get the best out of Wright, then he needs Hedges close by rather than McGinn (it also gets the best out of Hedges), but I don't think McInnes will see it that way and we might see Wright dropped for the next fixture.