Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
8 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Took me forever to find this thread, page 14!

red tv international now 234.99. Is that close to double last year? Seem to recall around 119??? Quite a jump. I’ll grudgingly get it as obviously this is my season ticket, but ouch!!

Christ, I hadn't realised that. It just automatically comes off for me. I get my folks one too, so that's getting canned, they can use mine!

17 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Took me forever to find this thread, page 14!

red tv international now 234.99. Is that close to double last year? Seem to recall around 119??? Quite a jump. I’ll grudgingly get it as obviously this is my season ticket, but ouch!!

Last year was 179.99 for International, according to the email receipt I just looked up.  It's still a fair hike, but presentation/content has generally improved in quality over past 2-3 years and, like you say, it's the only way to see the Dandies for us that aren't there any more.  Hope the stream quality increase doesn't cause buffering issues, but I'd still say it's decent value for a "captive" service.

For U.K. viewers it's now over £80. Not entirely sure what I'm getting for that. A few interviews and sometimes I'll use it for the audio comms, but the commentary team seem unaware anyone is listening in as the long periods of silence do nothing to tell us what's actually happening.

I suppose it is still only £6-7 a month so I'll probably moan about cancelling then forget to and end up signed up for another year.

29 minutes ago, Panda said:

For U.K. viewers it's now over £80. Not entirely sure what I'm getting for that. A few interviews and sometimes I'll use it for the audio comms, but the commentary team seem unaware anyone is listening in as the long periods of silence do nothing to tell us what's actually happening.

I suppose it is still only £6-7 a month so I'll probably moan about cancelling then forget to and end up signed up for another year.

Aye the commentary is awful for the audio only audience.....  Though I suspect they know most folks are either abroad or using a vpn. 

I didn't realise it had gone up so much in price but they have me over a barrel.  Due to life circumstances it's very rare I can attend at the moment and I watch pretty much every game on rtv.  I don't mind using things like kodi for non dons games but when it comes to aberdeen nothing else than a guaranteed stable feed will do. 

There is no way on earth that I can afford that amount of money for Red TV. I used to get a few games a year on BeIN Sports with my Foxtel subscription. But Foxtel has gotten rid of BeIN sports now and If you want to watch BeIN sports, you have to pay for another subscription, which is not a thing I can afford. I'm not even sure I can afford to keep Foxtel. :violin:

Yeah, I’ll get it, just a little shocked at the increase. As I said before, it’s my season ticket so can’t really complain and I watch as much as I can. Almost never get back to Scotland now, money, time, and priorities, can’t even tell you my last ‘in person’ game. 
it has definitely improved, adding rob McLean too is an expense I’m sure. The fact I had to search for this thread and the last post was sept 2020 tells you the grumbling had stopped and it’s a solid product.

• Like 1

It’s come on so far since the first few years. I did enjoy the original premium tv or whatever it was called. You could watch any other team as long as they had the same provider. Still, just beyond justification at the mo. I’ve liked doing my bit, as you say OD, it’s our ST. Just have to make sure I can get folk to offset it with merch purchases 😬

I've cancelled it.

I'm sure the international one is worth it for the games, but £80 for a few interviews and a commentary team unaware that people are listening to audio only is £80 I could be putting towards the Donstalk Europa League charter train.

59 minutes ago, Panda said:

I've cancelled it.

I'm sure the international one is worth it for the games, but £80 for a few interviews and a commentary team unaware that people are listening to audio only is £80 I could be putting towards the Donstalk Europa League charter train.

Now you’re talking!