Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
CvB

Hyundai A-League - Oz fitba

looking fr a decent barney on the telly tomorrow? BT sport at 0945 has the Sydney derby.

The quality may not be top league standard, but there will be no doubting the passion of this one, fueled by comments like this from the Sydney captain

“We go out there, and I’ve told the boys previously in games, we hate every single one of them."

yaaas....heid first

Scot-free will be able to give us the run down on what to expect from this game

Was quite an enjoyable watch and a raucous atmosphere! Enjoyed the near fisty cuffs during the game too. Some good hefty challenges by both sides  :thumbsup:

Scot-free will be able to give us the run down on what to expect from this game

Sorry, Al. I just saw your post. I have to say that I really can't get into the A-League. Brisbane Roar are the closest team to me and they are about 600 miles away from me. I really don't find the quality of the fitba all that good as well. Townsville, which is the city up from where I live, used to have a team ( North Queensland Fury ), but they were managed by Ian Ferguson. So there was no way that I was going to follow them....

Sorry, Al. I just saw your post. I have to say that I really can't get into the A-League. Brisbane Roar are the closest team to me and they are about 600 miles away from me. I really don't find the quality of the fitba all that good as well. Townsville, which is the city up from where I live, used to have a team ( North Queensland Fury ), but they were managed by Ian Ferguson. So there was no way that I was going to follow them....

Been watching a few more 'nix games of late.  Highly frustrating to watch as I sometimes genuinely think I could do better.  Finally got a few wins and goals behind them now after an awful start.

Folk think that the SPFL prem is a crazy league in terms of fixtures and how it's run etc...A-league, are currently going through an "expansion" transition, where they're increasing the league from 10-12. Instead of waiting until both teams were ready, they've opted to have 11 teams this season...means each team get's 3 byes this season.  Clubs are also breaking away from the FFA, who much like the SFA, are a corrupt bunch of arseholes. Fortunately, it seems to be going ahead, so hopefully we'll start to see more active fan engagement again.

That's not even mentioning the TV deal...ours is glorious compared to the one FOX have for the A-league. They only allow 26 games a season, dictate when it starts (avoiding other aussie sports), and insist on every game being shown on tv, which dictates that there are only set TV times.

Anyway, i've thrown myself behind the local side, Wellington Phoenix. Been shit for a long while but last season got a manager who changed everything and then became a judas.  New coach has come from the winning team.

Most notable Dons link? Eugene Dadi  8)

Local team, Welly 'Nix currently sitting 2nd in the a-league. Played some phenomenal stuff this season.  Last season, Sarpreet Singh, signed for Bayern (first their second team but has featured in the first) and Libby Cacace looks to be heading to Europe this season.  Not quite the same level as Bayern, but would love to see him at a dutch club. Excellent left back, which I have no doubt won't be on the dons radar.  Likes to play football and not afraid of a good challenge.  Rumours were that some belgian club were interested due to the managers links (muscat) to the a-league.

Really annoying that they will likely be playing a "home" final this season for the first time in yonks, but because the aussies fucked their covid response, they can't play in Wellington.  Nice one Scotfree 😉

Grand final on BT Sport just now. Sydney v Melbourne City. 

ETA - Was not a good game. 0-0 after 90 minutes with Sydney winning 1-0 in extra time with a chested effort from close range. 

16 hours ago, Jute said:

Grand final on BT Sport just now. Sydney v Melbourne City. 

ETA - Was not a good game. 0-0 after 90 minutes with Sydney winning 1-0 in extra time with a chested effort from close range. 

Missed it yesterday, but doesn’t surprise me. City don’t tend to play much football, but this is a rare occasion I’m pleased Sydney won. City are owned by the city group, so fuck them. 

No idea when the league will kick off again. Lots of turmoil going on as it transitions from FFA ownership to club ownership. Rumours of jan, but fuck knows.