Tennis

manc_don

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

It's hard to see a clear winner, but I can't see past Federer...despite his mediocre performance yesterday.

I think Fed will win it now. Which is gutting because all those pompous twats sitting at Wimbledon cheering for him grinds my gears no end. Brown nosed cunts.

Really can't stand Djokovic, but mainly because he's Murray's nemesis.

Really can't understand how anyone can hate on Djokavic.

The man is a class act. As a man, let alone his vastly superior tennis record.

Oh I see, you're blinded by your love of the Scotsman?

Is that patriotism? Rather than normally-functioning mental health?

Really can't understand how anyone can hate on Djokavic.

The man is a class act. As a man, let alone his vastly superior tennis record.

Oh I see, you're blinded by your love of the Scotsman?

Is that patriotism? Rather than normally-functioning mental health?

As you've said in another thread you don't watch tennis which explains the above post. There are plenty of examples of Djokovic's lack of class.

Johanna Konta has some steel about her, cracking match yesterday.  She hits the ball with some power!

I'd be quite happy to see a Djoko - Murray final, generally tend to be epic affairs.

Will be interesting to see how "Jo" (which makes her more British apparently) goes today. Hope she beats Venus.

I don't wish Johanna any ill but I'm struggling to raise two fucks to give about her Wimbledon campaign. I'd have been more likely to support her if she stayed Aussie or Hungarian rather then turned English for the pennies. Unlike Australia the UK has a small pond of athletes to pick from for funding. "Jo" wasn't considered good enough (or to have had enough potential) when she was Aussie so they cut her funding. Hence her move to the UK. Nothing wrong with any of that.. I just don't get the fawning over her because she now plays under a Union Jack. The outcry when the boy Bedene was denied the chance to take part in the Tennis World Cup (Formerly Davis Cup) for GB was absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather have a drug-addled Dan Evans representing "my country" than some Slovakian dude.

I don't wish Johanna any ill but I'm struggling to raise two fucks to give about her Wimbledon campaign. I'd have been more likely to support her if she stayed Aussie or Hungarian rather then turned English for the pennies. Unlike Australia the UK has a small pond of athletes to pick from for funding. "Jo" wasn't considered good enough (or to have had enough potential) when she was Aussie so they cut her funding. Hence her move to the UK. Nothing wrong with any of that.. I just don't get the fawning over her because she now plays under a Union Jack. The outcry when the boy Bedene was denied the chance to take part in the Tennis World Cup (Formerly Davis Cup) for GB was absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather have a drug-addled Dan Evans representing "my country" than some Slovakian dude.

Indeed.

However she is playing one of the Williams brothers...

Any chance of quotes, or a link that isn't the beeb cos they won't let me view it because they're racist who ban overseas online viewers

All I've got is an audio I took from the news last night.

It was particularly poignant for me and extremely good timing as it happened because on Saturday I sent one of my clients a 7 page document on this precise subject, the power of belief.

Federer said "If you believe that you can go really really far in your life and I think I did that and I'm happy, I kept on believing and dreaming and here I am today with the eighth, it's fantastic".

Federer is undoubtedly a class act. Always has been and always will be. In fact all the top guys are. In victory and in defeat they're respectful and conduct themselves in the spirit of the game.

Unlike Tommy Rebredo  ;D :

158770.jpg

He was of course only joking. This was as a result of Andy saving 5 match points and then beating him in the final of a tournament last year (I think it was)

158772.jpg

• 6 months later...