Author Topic: January window  (Read 29750 times)

Offline Reidzer 1314

• First Team
  • Rating: 8
Re: January window
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2019, 10:30:50 AM »
Chris Harvey just Tweeted that McInnes has confirmed that NYC are in talks with GMS.

They contacted Aberdeen to inform them of their intention to talk to him.

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2019, 11:18:04 AM »
If the NYC story is true then it's cheerio GMS.

Their season starts in March, there would be no point in them showing interest but waiting till his contract runs out in late May by which time half their season is gone so hopefully we can tan them for £200k (more realistically £100k but you have to at least try) so they can get him in time for their pre-season training.

Would it be worth letting him go for that little? We would then need to recruit a new winger.

Offline Slim

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -985
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »
NYC are funded by the same guys who own Man City, should be possible to squeeze them for a few hundred k’s you’d think?

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
Would it be worth letting him go for that little? We would then need to recruit a new winger.

We will need to recruit one no matter if he leaves now or in the summer.

If we force him to see out his contract, we end up with an unhappy player on our books who is inconsistent at the best of times. If his heart was no longer in it that inconsistency could convert to consistent shyteness.

Offline Sandaldinho

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 21
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »
If his heart was no longer in it that inconsistency could convert to consistent shyteness.

at least he'd be consistent  :-\
Crowded elevators smell different to midgets

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -194
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2019, 03:57:21 PM »
I hope GMS goes to NYC and I hope they have a home game in the middle of May when I'm there. Never considered bothering with a sporting event when I'm over this time. Fuck baseball and basketball and NFL, shit sports the lot of them but I would definitely pay to see GMS in action, even though I don't rate him very highly (powderpuff) despite, sadly, he being undoubtedly one of AFC's best footballers. Never watched "soccer" in the states. I bet the crowd are interesting for their extreme obesity and their ignorance of the game.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
I hope GMS goes to NYC and I hope they have a home game in the middle of May when I'm there. Never considered bothering with a sporting event when I'm over this time. Fuck baseball and basketball and NFL, shit sports the lot of them but I would definitely pay to see GMS in action, even though I don't rate him very highly (powderpuff) despite, sadly, he being undoubtedly one of AFC's best footballers. Never watched "soccer" in the states. I bet the crowd are interesting for their extreme obesity and their ignorance of the game.

New York City schedule for you.

https://www.nycfc.com/schedule

Would recommend attending sporting event in the US if you get a chance Rocet as they do know how to do make it a an event. Plus they let you get booze at your seat.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2019, 05:03:31 PM »
New York City schedule for you.

https://www.nycfc.com/schedule

Would recommend attending sporting event in the US if you get a chance Rocet as they do know how to do make it a an event. Plus they let you get booze at your seat.

Agreed. Even inferior sports can be enjoyed in America. They know how to entertain when the game is shite.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 45
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
Aye, but the MLS is pretty poor.
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
Many thanks Jute. Yes I've been to events in the US but wouldn't go back. Once was enough. Not been to soccer though and as they're not at home when I'm over, won't be breaking my duck this year. I will be at Bethpage for the US PGA golf - moved to May from August where it had been for every year of my lifetime - but that's not the same stadia experience that we are talking about.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:10 PM »
Aye, but the MLS is pretty poor.

I'd say it's on a par with our league, if not better. Very different style of football but not that bad.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2019, 08:11:54 PM »
Hopefully he doesn’t jump into the Hudson River.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
I'd say it's on a par with our league, if not better. Very different style of football but not that bad.

i'd agree with that.  We get quite a bit of MLS on NZ tv and I've enjoyed the games i've watched.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -135
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2019, 10:34:39 AM »
mulumbu available on loan get him signed
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2019, 10:51:13 AM »
mulumbu available on loan get him signed

Can't see it. Not with Shinnie, Ferguson, Ball, Gleeson and young Campbell all competing for the position that he would also be trying to fill. Even if Shinnie were to leave in this window (unlikely) I wouldn't want to put someone else in the way of hindering Campbell's progress.....he is the long term solution and needs to be getting as much game time as possible now

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2019, 10:52:48 AM »
Centre mid isn't a priority. That's not to say it can't be improved, but, in order, we need a striker, a left back and another winger before we need to consider centre mid.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:41 AM »
Since when have you all decided Bruce Anderson is a midfielder? He started one game v. Livi and you forget he came on as a sub and scored crucial goals displaying a rare hunger and instinct for the goal and you've decided where his future should be? Insane.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2019, 11:53:20 AM »
I would have mulumbu if it meant shinnie was lb rest of the season.
Rocket I think you're getting ando and Campbell confused.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:50 PM »
I would have mulumbu if it meant shinnie was lb rest of the season.
Rocket I think you're getting ando and Campbell confused.

Indeed I did. Am I thinking right that McInnes played Anderson in midfield v. Livi? Or was it Dean Campbell he played there?

Offline Stewart

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2019, 12:18:32 PM »
Indeed I did. Am I thinking right that McInnes played Anderson in midfield v. Livi? Or was it Dean Campbell he played there?

I was very drunk at the game but Anderson was in the middle of the front 3 wasn't he?