Author Topic: Leith Junkies 02/02  (Read 1588 times)

Online Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
Re: Leith Junkies 02/02
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 10:50:23 PM »

Hoban was a class act at ch, thing is, where does he fit in when Devlin & McKenna are fit ?  Dont know if a perm. deal for Hoban is possible, but if it was.

He will be on a decent wedge at Watford....not a fortune but certainly a good bit more than we would offer. Championship clubs could easily match it and I'd imagine that's where his preference would lie but will be have that option given his horrendous injury record?

Once McKenna and Devlin are fit I can see DM mainly going to a back 3 given that it worked so well against Hibs. There would obviously be a casualty from the regular back line in doing that.....Logan would be the obvious candidate, his form has been sketchy for well over a  year now. If Hoban signed permanent it could be the end for Shay as a regular in the first team.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 01:00:53 AM »
I think Hoban is potentially cover for all of the back 4. If Devlin is fit for tomorrow I just hope he partners Hoban and not Considine. With Devlin and Hoban returning, and Lowe here til the end of the season, Andy should be the one to drop out. I also think Hoban was signed as a potential left back and it wasn’t until he was injured that we then signed Lowe. Lowe has been fantastic and Devlin and McKenna are our first choice once healthy so while Hoban has looked good he’ll drop to the bench.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
Only reason Hoban is here is because he cannot stay out of the treatment room. Ability wise he is clearly good enough to play at a higher level. If he can stay fit I fully expect him to get a deal at a championship or even bottom end Premier club in England which would take him well out of our wage bracket.