Author Topic: The Hills and Outdoors thread  (Read 12092 times)

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 22
Re: The Hills and Outdoors thread
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
 Rico's nailed it.I would say the posh bit of "P",but I dont think there is one.Should really be Grampiandon these days
  You'll maybe recognise the Barmekin summit GG.This little temptress was waiting for me a couple of weeks ago  8)

Havnt been round too many of the local woodland walks,but theres more at Maryculter,Durris and Dunnottar woods

Kowalski -  Forgot about this beauty,the Kintail way http://www.affrickintailway.com/  Done some sections of it,prime Mountain country in there, with some bothies along the way.
  Its a bit more fun plotting your own route if you know where the bothies are https://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/

Others not done - Cowal way,Kintyre way,Dava way,East highland way,East coast to West coast(Aberdeen to Knoydart)

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -2
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:11 AM »
Cheers man  :thumbsup:

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2018, 09:10:54 AM »
You'll be steaming across to work in ten minutes next week with the bypass opening then?

Although, there is no connection with the airse end of Badentoy though, is there? A straight route into Portlethen from the road wid have made sense. Off at Altens and straight into Hillside I suppose? I'm sure there's a thread for this somewhere...
Aye, I'll be testing the various options, go to Westhill then across to Chareleston flyover, or get on at top of Milltimber brae and repeat, or maybe continue taking the Blairs back road whic hshould have less traffic.

What really needs to happen is the spur at the top of badentoy north along from DPD warehouse gets opened onto schoolhill road, would save a 2.5mile trip round Portlethen. Pish at min.