Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sooo European Football again eh?

9 hours ago, Panda said:

You can simulate the draw here if that sort of thing turns you on.

https://draw.inker.one/#/ecl/gs/2023

IMG_0957.thumb.png.2e23fb1baf10b32ada0ef4206c39fdf8.png

Would take that draw although I have been to Gent and Trnava before. Both great places to get pished. Only ever passed through Florence on the train so would be delighted with Fiorentina. Draw back would we would get fucked in all 6 games.

26 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Comments about the trips and travel, any thoughts on opponents and games?? A finish team and we’ve seen PAOK vs hearts, plus Germans. Well?

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Shite draw

Positive is that if we get our shit together we could  beat Helsinki and finish third 

Have given mine. Beat Helsink home  and away possibly. The other four games we're getting gubbed.

No reason we can’t finish 3rd, PAOK are beatable at Pittodrie (but then so are we).

Frankfurt will be the big trip for most people I’d imagine, although there are loads of other cities in Germany preferable to Frankfurt. PAOK play in a part of Greece I’d love to visit but concerned it may be a bit “stabby” as an away fan? Helsinki could be a shout depending on the timing, I assume it’s fucking freezing late-November/early-December?

23 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Comments about the trips and travel, any thoughts on opponents and games?? A finish team and we’ve seen PAOK vs hearts, plus Germans. Well?

From what I have seen of PAOKs games against Hearts I would expect us to lose home and away. Not seen Eintracht this season but if they are anything like as good as they were last season that could be another two defeats potentially heavy ones. Don’t know anything about Helsinki so no idea what they are like. 

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Was waiting for you to post your thoughts first.

I know nothing about any of them except Mario Gotze plays for Frankfurt, and Hearts were unlucky not to beat PAOK at home so let's not be scared of them. Plus when we play them in Greece it'll be a lot cooler weather wise.

Now, where's good to stay in Frankfurt? 🇩🇪 

57 minutes ago, Panda said:

Was waiting for you to post your thoughts first.

I know nothing about any of them except Mario Gotze plays for Frankfurt, and Hearts were unlucky not to beat PAOK at home so let's not be scared of them. Plus when we play them in Greece it'll be a lot cooler weather wise.

Now, where's good to stay in Frankfurt? 🇩🇪 

Frankfurt isn’t that great a city by German standards. I would consider staying elsewhere and training it in on the day and away that night. For example there is a train back to Düsseldorf at 2311 which would be a better base. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Frankfurt isn’t that great a city by German standards. I would consider staying elsewhere and training it in on the day and away that night. For example there is a train back to Düsseldorf at 2311 which would be a better base. 

Aye, fun fact, but I used to live in Germany (near Monchengladbach) and been back so many times for football; Dortmund, Hamburg, Berlin, Munich and Cologne.

It's just an amazing county, brilliant for football, and it breaks my heart that we're going to make the people of Frankfurt unhappy by pumping them.

• Haha 1

Fixtures announced

Frankfurt (Away) 21st Sept

Helsinki (Home) 5th Oct

PAOK (Home) 26th Oct

PAOK (Away) 9th Nov

Helsinki (Away) 30th Nov

Frankfurt (Home) 14th Dec

Toughest fixture, first up then. 

Flights already booked for Frankfurt and working on Helsinki also 😉

Booked up for Frankfurt. Going by West Ham's allocation when they played there, we should expect 2400 tickets. Maybe we'll get more if the interest isn't there from the home support, but we're the Dons min, their biggest game of the season, so can't see why they wouldn't sell out.

4 hours ago, BigAl said:

Fixtures announced

Frankfurt (Away) 21st Sept

Helsinki (Home) 5th Oct

PAOK (Home) 26th Oct

PAOK (Away) 9th Nov

Helsinki (Away) 30th Nov

Frankfurt (Home) 14th Dec

Toughest fixture, first up then. 

Flights already booked for Frankfurt and working on Helsinki also 😉

Well, it's no bad thing to get frankfurt away out of the way right at the start.  I'm fucking delighted to not be going to Greece until November when the weather conditions will be far more favourable for the dons to play in though.  I would also say it's great to be getting frankfurt at home last game when they will probably have already qualified too.   I would say that draw  couldn't have gone any better for us 2bh

16 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Helsinki flights booked as well as Frankfurt.

Bring it on

COYR

I was only in Helsinki for about six hours two months ago so don't have an extensive knowledge of the place. However, near the ferry terminal down at the harbour, there's loads of food markets where you can have a meal for much cheaper than the normal Finland prices (which ain't cheap as you can probably imagine), and the portions were great too.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I was only in Helsinki for about six hours two months ago so don't have an extensive knowledge of the place. However, near the ferry terminal down at the harbour, there's loads of food markets where you can have a meal for much cheaper than the normal Finland prices (which ain't cheap as you can probably imagine), and the portions were great too.

👍

Good info Panda 

We haven't booked accommodation yet as had no idea about the place and will need to do some research on areas of the city.