Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sooo European Football again eh?

22 hours ago, BigAl said:

Ok lads, I have sufficient loyalty points to acquire a ticket for the play off match BUT as I have posted elsewhere I will be out of the country and can't attend, therefore it's simple, the first person to offer me face value (think it is £25) gets it.

I'll be watching from afar getting pished.

Too late lads, you had your chance.

Someone out there appreciated my gesture.

Ticket sold.

On 18/08/2023 at 06:27, BigAl said:

Would love to have gone on a pilgrimage but I will be away on holiday so it's a no from me.

What about you ?

Aye, heading Tuesday night to Friday, looking forward to it.  Hopefully go see the Ullevi Stadium on Wednesday

• Like 2

Squad been confirmed for Europe for players over 21. 

image.thumb.jpeg.808b24e3a64c087874d08ff07ecfa69b.jpeg

There is a B list for U21 players who count as home grown with no limit. 

I have to say it does not look a strong squad at all. 

Can add another two emergency signings until 11pm on Wednesday. 

It's 3 or 4 players away from being decent. A centre midfielder could transform into a good side. We know how it is with transfers. Personally, I'd have met the asking price for Scales a few weeks ago given the money we're taking in. Maybe McGarry might be amazing. Or Or Dadia.

It's the way it goes though, transfers are difficult to complete in a timely manner. Who knows how many we've missed out on and how close they were. We could already be down to the dregs.

Hacken sold Kristoffer Lund today to Palermo. He was their star player pretty much, a very highly rated left-back. Somewhat surprising he only ended up in Serie B by all accounts.

Anyway, big blow for them. Shayden Morris will have the replacement on toast.

6 hours ago, Panda said:

Hacken sold Kristoffer Lund today to Palermo. He was their star player pretty much, a very highly rated left-back. Somewhat surprising he only ended up in Serie B by all accounts.

Anyway, big blow for them. Shayden Morris will have the replacement to hit the ball off.

FTFY

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It's 3 or 4 players away from being decent. A centre midfielder could transform into a good side. We know how it is with transfers. Personally, I'd have met the asking price for Scales a few weeks ago given the money we're taking in. Maybe McGarry might be amazing. Or Or Dadia.

It's the way it goes though, transfers are difficult to complete in a timely manner. Who knows how many we've missed out on and how close they were. We could already be down to the dregs.

What the hell is going on with Or Dadia btw? I don’t recall an interview with him when he arrived and hasn’t been seen on the pitch since the Charlton friendly? Did they say he was seriously unfit?

47 minutes ago, manc_don said:

What the hell is going on with Or Dadia btw? I don’t recall an interview with him when he arrived and hasn’t been seen on the pitch since the Charlton friendly? Did they say he was seriously unfit?

I think he's just pish. We're bound to get one or three duds (Dudia). Hopefully we're now taking the approach of just quietly pretending that they never happened. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I think he's just pish. We're bound to get one or three duds (Dudia). Hopefully we're now taking the approach of just quietly pretending that they never happened. 

Robson did say it would take him a few weeks to get up to speed a few weeks back i think.

This week's results mean Turkey are closing in on us in the coefficient and will likely push us down to 10th. Won't affect us much except in the unlikely event we finish second we'd have an extra Champions League qualifying round to get through.

However, for the following season, we've now dropped to 15th. At the moment that means we'll lose the automatic group stage spot for third place.

Serbia, Denmark and Poland are all close behind. If just one of them overtakes us, then we'd only have four teams in Europe. A cup win (which would then rank higher than second place) would have four rounds to get through to make the Europa League. Third place means Conference League QR2.

Pretty grim.

Thankfully Barry Robson is putting together a squad that'll get that coefficient up. The Old Firm need to pull their finger out though.

Really means we have to take our chance to start building our own coefficient so we are seeded for these games. Hopefully all scottish clubs do a bit better in Europe this season but its tough if Rangers and Celtic end up in the champions league. Realistically they can't compete with teams at that level. 

2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Really means we have to take our chance to start building our own coefficient so we are seeded for these games. Hopefully all scottish clubs do a bit better in Europe this season but its tough if Rangers and Celtic end up in the champions league. Realistically they can't compete with teams at that level. 

It's arguable whether it's better for the coefficient for Rangers to make the Champions League or drop to Europa.

They and Celtic get four bonus points each for the coefficient if they're in the CL group stage. You don't get any bonus points for being in the Europa League.

So Rangers would need to win two games (or one win and two draws say) in the Europa League just to equal those bonus points. They'd be in pot one, but they could still end up with a group of Real Betis, Brighton and Toulouse which they could easily finish bottom of with no wins.

In truth, because there's no bonus points on offer in the Europa or Conference groups, you could argue it's better for the coefficient if Aberdeen lose to Hacken because we're more likely to win more points in the Conference.

That all said, we should want Rangers to beat PSV. Not for the coefficient, but because if we're both in the Europa League then - as I explained earlier in the thread - it'll cost Aberdeen €1.5m in having to share the TV money with them.

• Like 1