Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs vs dons

16 hours ago, Panda said:

Cracking evening.

First half, it looked like Jim Goodwin had, for once, actually thought of some tactics. Perhaps his entire Aberdeen tenure was all about learning how to beat us when he took over his next club.

United played a high defensive line, squeezed our midfield, who all just clumped together with no outlet. At the other end everything went through Fletcher, who thankfully couldn't finish and didn't have anyone capable of playing off him.

That, though, was the height of Goodwin's management skills. Not a bad plan A - but as Robson made changes and was constantly shouting, tinkering, and eventually turned the game in our favour, Goodwin stood with his arms folded and hoped for the best.

Clarkson a massive part of that win tonight. Mackenzie too I thought was excellent, both at left back and then in the back three. Criticism of Shinnie harsh - thought all the midfield struggled in the first half due to the congestion but he was always getting stuck in. 

Support was brilliant tonight, although the stuff thrown at Goodwin was out of order. It went from pantomime booing at the start which Goodwin himself laughed at to things landing next to him. Ryan Duncan too was almost hit by a flare after the first goal. That coupled with there being a bit of trouble outside is why we can't have nice things - it'll just put the brakes on the 6pm kick-offs which, having been at all three Aberdeen/United fixtures this season, I'm a big fan of.

Hope it does as 6pm kick offs make it harder for me to attend. 

24 minutes ago, Panda said:

@policescotland

There's your coin thrower right there.

You have clearly not met me as I am too much of a tight bastard to throw money and too much of a fat bastard to waste a pie on a cunt like Goodwin. 

• Haha 1