Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs vs dons

Really had hoped that they’d be keeping fox and seeing what he’d do for this game. Their fall has been dramatic to say the least, didn’t expect them to be where they are but none of that matters unless we get the three points. Last weekend was a good start, albeit a nervous one. Hopefully it’s given them a degree of confidence, despite this fixture being away. 

same defensive line up as last weekend? No reason to bring scales back in just yet, is there?

out

bed

hopefully watching but likely prepping for boys’ 3rd birthday 

park or play centre (oh life).

2-1 dons, miovski and clarkson

I'm taking my dad to this game.

His last Aberdeen game was the 1994 Scottish Cup semi-final, which happened to also be against Dundee United. His last game at Pittodrie was Willie Miller's testimonial.

If Aberdeen are crap I fear he may finally chuck going to the football.

Edited by Panda

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I'm taking my dad to this game.

His last Aberdeen game was the 1994 Scottish Cup semi-final, which happened to also be against Dundee United. His last game at Pittodrie was Willie Miller's testimonial.

If Aberdeen are crap I fear he may finally chuck going to the football.

In fairness, it sounds like he chucked it some time ago.

Fox bring binned and not knowing who will be in the dugout (arguably for both sides 2bf but I would be surprised if it wasn't Robson for us) on Saturday if a bit of a curve ball.  I think we should have too much for them though even with our appalling away form.  Indeed, an early goal could spell a rout as their confidence looks as shot as ours did against hibs.  

I'm not going to get my hopes up though, it's just not the season for too much optimism after all, and will predict a solid 2-0.  If we can hold livi at arms length like we did on Saturday the demoralised Jute front line shouldn't present any difficulties, indeed I suspect they will set up with the aim of not losing.  Obviously if they have a new manager by this point their approach could be different. 

Edited by tlg1903

Can see this being another brutal game to watch with both teams being set out to avoid defeat. Suspect only change will be Scales in for McKenzie although I would rather we stuck with McKenzie as he is our player. Hopefully we bin this inverted winger pish as just slows down our attack. Not sure what we do with Duk. Could not fault his effort on Saturday but don’t think he was effective out wide. Stupid kick off time means I am out for this. 

Oot

local game 

Flat watching stream

Flat

1-0 Miovski. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

So Jim Goodwin expected to be in charge of Dundee United on Saturday.

If we lose then I think we need to accept we've been cursed forever.

I think it’ll now be 1-0 United with mulgrew scoring the winner. Nothing else for it now.

4 hours ago, Panda said:

Am I correct in thinking the last time we win at Tannadice, Barry Robson played in the game?

Simon Church winner in 2016? Unless there's one I'm missing since then (granted they were in the Championship for four years).

That sounds like something you already know the answer to. Yes. No wins in three.

Tricky one to predict how Utd will respond..Players could be fired up because they got rid of the last guy,or look at Goodwins last few results for us,and continue their collapse

In or Oot - Oot Red TV

Pre - sorting veg beds out

Prediction - Utd 1 - Dons 3   Miovski,Clarkson and a Duk mazy run and thunderbolt

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eb133270c46f889c65efd3d918881053.jpeg

Scales remains on the bench despite being available is interesting. Happy enough to see McKenzie continue as he is our player and the one we should be giving game time to. 

Great to see Duncan rewarded with another start too. Would have been incredibly harsh to drop Mackenzie, and it's great to see the same team two weeks in a row.

• Like 1

Interesting half. They started well and we're unlucky not to be in front. We got back into it and it's been tight from that point on. Duk wasted out wide, and terrible defensively (positionally). Duncan and McRorie not linking up particularly well either, it's like their not quite sure what the other is about to do. Fletcher has been a handful for the two centre backs, but they've come back into it fairly strongly. I think the shape isn't quite working but I don't see any changes at halftime.