Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Well

Huge game this weekend, really cannot afford anything but a win or we really are in the relegation shite. It’s truly shite being a dons fan at the moment, random folk at work who don’t usually give a shit about Scottish football are laughing. So get your shit together AFC.

centre back pairing will have had another few days together, which is only a good thing, but they can’t be left out to dry like yesterday. I think they played well all things considered, but the rest of the team, lack of subs, let them down. Robson really needs to be alert and on the ball with his decision making. Is it time to drop Duk? Was only ever a project so wasn’t meant to be starting as many as he has. Who comes in for mccrorie?

‘Well’s form is pretty honking, but they’ve only been narrowly losing games or drawing them. If they get Danzaki playing like he did for roar last season, they’ll pose a decent threat, but he’s been shite this season, so fingers crossed that continues. 

out

bed

bed

bed

1-0 dons, miovski 

Would imagine Robson will stick with three at the back, on account McCrorie can't play RB, Kennedy struggled there v St Mirren, and Richardson wasn't even on the bench last night.

Would play Duk through the middle as opposed to wide where he was last night, bring Watkins in (if we were turning down advances for him on transfer deadline day then surely he'll be used more in the second half of the season), Coulson ahead of Hayes to freshen it up, and Barron ahead of Ramadani. And Scales is back from suspension - Mackenzie wasn't in squad last night either so presume he has a knock.

Gorter in if his work permit sorted by the weekend.

40C70DA1-2B62-42BF-84B5-B319C795567E.thumb.jpeg.0cb12c2140673d86bfa6817e3af71953.jpeg
All things considered, on paper that's not a bad line-up.

MacKenzie if fit needs to play so we have a proper LB that can defend. Does anyone know anything about his injury??? presume he is injured and not just out of favour.

Also, can see BR given his young boys more of a chance if the current crop doesn't show him what he wants to see.

53 minutes ago, RedKev said:

MacKenzie if fit needs to play so we have a proper LB that can defend. Does anyone know anything about his injury??? presume he is injured and not just out of favour.

Also, can see BR given his young boys more of a chance if the current crop doesn't show him what he wants to see.

He was on the injury list last night, as was Richardson. Robson took on a plucked from thin air loanee instead of Duncan or Barron last night. I suspect he'll be seeing himself as a serious contender for the job and will be looking out for himself rather than the promotion of young players.

Mainer

Driving

Would rather Scales on the left of a 3 or as a wing back. Think being burdened with Stewart didn't help him.Decent footballer IMO.

Would like to see Johnnys directness further forward alongside Duk and Clarkson,bring on Markandy after the third goes in

Overdue a win v this lot ,3 - 1 Dons Duk,Hayes,Clarkson

Edited by Elgindon

With club appealing McCrorie’s red card will he be available? If he is I would look to keep back 3 from Wednesday and play Scales at left wing back. I would also play Barron instead of Ramadani. Still not convinced Lopes works being on from the start. Motherwell are as big a shambles as we are and also in desperate need of a win. Think whoever loses this is probably in the shite as far as relegation goes. Usually when it’s a game neither can afford to lose then a draw results. 

oot

flat

local game

flat

0-0

Before McRorie's red, it looked like we had set ourselves up as a 5-2-1-2, and reverted to 4-4(3)-2 after the red.

I may suspect BR will stick with that original plan, assuming McRorie can play whilst the appeal is ongoing, and hope this formation actually pans out properly against 'Well.

A lot of guys were gassed by 80 minutes on Wednesday, so there might be some changes to the lineup. Gorter needs to start, Duk needs benched, would be interesting to see what Markanday can do in the starting lineup - even if it's for the first hour or so.

Taken from Fezbook and on behalf of Calum Benzies:

I am posting this on behalf of Calum Benzies
Hi All , my dad Charlie Benzies was a devoted afc fan , had a scar on his nose from his youth from battling 9 rangers fans on linksfield ! He also taught me very well . My heart was broken last night , he had a heart attack after the game in my car , shocked is not the word ( and that’s not after the result ) it was his 68th birthday yesterday and I would really appreciate some help in getting a clap round stadium at 68th Minute . COYR stand free 🔴🔴🔴🔴

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

Seen something on twitter last night suggesting that Richardson has the most amount of minutes (in Europe), for a defender aged under 23, without getting dribbled past. 

You have to be in position for someone to dribble past you. 

• Haha 1

On 02/02/2023 at 10:23, Panda said:

Would imagine Robson will stick with three at the back, on account McCrorie can't play RB, Kennedy struggled there v St Mirren, and Richardson wasn't even on the bench last night.

Would play Duk through the middle as opposed to wide where he was last night, bring Watkins in (if we were turning down advances for him on transfer deadline day then surely he'll be used more in the second half of the season), Coulson ahead of Hayes to freshen it up, and Barron ahead of Ramadani. And Scales is back from suspension - Mackenzie wasn't in squad last night either so presume he has a knock.

Gorter in if his work permit sorted by the weekend.

40C70DA1-2B62-42BF-84B5-B319C795567E.thumb.jpeg.0cb12c2140673d86bfa6817e3af71953.jpeg
All things considered, on paper that's not a bad line-up.

So McCrorie out but Mackenzie back.

I'd stick with this team here but Mackenzie in for Scales.

See we're wearing a one-off strip tomorrow as well. 

54 minutes ago, Panda said:

See we're wearing a one-off strip tomorrow as well. 

Someone's looked at the Adidas stock of red tops, stuck two badges on it, seemingly doubled the size of the Texo logo, and released it. Wouldve been heaps better if they dropped the Texo logo, gone with the old AFC badge, and relied on shop sales to raise money. It would've sold a good few. And if we win, I reckon we keep wearing it 🤣 #jinx

Edited by Reekie_Red
  • Haha 2

Initial thoughts are, must we actually bother with this, although as per usual the closer we get to kick off, I start to feel marginally more optimistic.

Wonder how long that is going to last ?

Out

Watching Wales v Ireland

Red TV

Calcutta Cup

Optimistically thinking 3-1 (Miovski, Clarkson & Duncan)

Realistically thinking 0-2 with Van Veen scoring both

Pretty dominant first half and don't think anyone could say we don't deserve to be in front.

Motherwell have pretty much offered nothing, other than one dangerous cross ball that evaded everyone. Slightly concerned that they can't be as bad in the second half, so a second for us early doors would ease that concern, the shadow of Van Veen coming off the bench and scoring hangs over this game as things stand.