Jump to content

Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Serie A


Panda

Recommended Posts

What amuses me is reading the huns that are still trying to maintain he’s not the best in his family. Absolute wallpapers 😂 Barry was fucking shite. How he got so many caps for Scotland is a sad indictment on the state of the Scotland set up at the time. The jealousy is hilarious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

What amuses me is reading the huns that are still trying to maintain he’s not the best in his family. Absolute wallpapers 😂 Barry was fucking shite. How he got so many caps for Scotland is a sad indictment on the state of the Scotland set up at the time. The jealousy is hilarious.

I'd put Ferguson senior in the MacGregor tim mould. He had about 25 caps where he was anonymous, like he was playing within himself, but at times he was excellent. Almost always better when you see him in person rather than on the telly too, as his reading of the game and positioning was really top class. Very different types of player (Lewis and Barry the Hun) though. Lewis is more akin to McGinn, Barry more like Jack if we're comparing with current Scotland players.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/12/2023 at 01:33, Jute said:

Barry Ferguson had good games for Scotland. 

No doubting that. But he was also very average a lot of the time. He also never tested himself abroad (non uk) which kinda proves your point of playing within a comfort zone. Lewis is above that already.  Don’t think you’ll ever convince me he was a great player 😬 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup, captain Ferguson with a nice volley for the winner. Italy couldn’t have gone any better for him. 20-30 million the talk with most rumors saying juventus want him to replace pogba. What’s our sell on, 20%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Yup, captain Ferguson with a nice volley for the winner. Italy couldn’t have gone any better for him. 20-30 million the talk with most rumors saying juventus want him to replace pogba. What’s our sell on, 20%?

Whatever it is, it should be enough to get us out of the championship at the second or third attempt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Whatever it is, it should be enough to get us out of the championship at the second or third attempt.

That’s once we have used it to pay off the contracts for Morris, Richardson, McGarry and Gueye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jute said:

That’s once we have used it to pay off the contracts for Morris, Richardson, McGarry and Gueye.

Morris might be quite useful as a sub in the championship. I think we've found our answer to poor recruitment actually. Just keep getting relegated until our recruits are at a level where they can look good.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 06/04/2024 at 04:07, Jute said:

Bologna’s game against Monza on 13th being shown on ITV.

 

Looks like there will be a Serie A game a week from now until the end of the season. 

That's bloody good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being reported that Ferguson is out for the season and will miss the Euros. 
 

Disappointing for lad missing Euros and bad news for Dons as probably means no summer transfer so no sell on fee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...