Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Caley

That carriage was a shambles when we left. The wee porter guy looked utterly stunned. Strange having Romanov's son collect our tickets too, how the mighty have fallen. Next time I will keep Padre on the train  ;D

PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO PEADO

:lolabove:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you even at the game?!

The soft cushion I landed on after the third goal may suggest yes.  8)

Looking forward to seeing the highlights as it looked like the entire Dons support ended up down at the front swamping Bebo.

Well if that's the case he's a complete arsehole & confirms almost everyones opinion that's he not fit to wear the armband.

or maybe he just wasn't prepared to give up possession as that was what happened almost every time bebo did get the ball

And also complaining that he was only in the right place at the right time, whats the problem with that?

not complaining - just stating that it was total luck and nothing to do with skill or ability.

Stella McGuire is also whining about Jimmy getting a bit too pally with the linesman, any idea what that's all about?

Caley Thistle defender Phil McGuire is expecting a disciplinary charge from the SFA for his criticism of match officials but the player felt compelled to speak out after his side’s 4-3 defeat to Aberdeen on Saturday.

Inverness midfielder Russell Duncan was sent off by referee Dougie McDonald at half-time at Caledonian Stadium with the scores level at 2-2, and he was joined after the full-time whistle by his captain Grant Munro, who swore at fourth official Thomas Robertson following Chris Maguire’s injury-time winner which keeps Aberdeen’s top-six hopes alive.

McGuire said: “I know how lucky Aberdeen are when you see Jimmy Calderwood embracing the linesman after the winning goal is scored. It is absolutely shocking and I have never seen anything like that before.

“If the player was onside for the fourth goal and timed his run then fair play to him, but he looked offside to me. I’ve never seen an opposing manager embrace an official.

“I will probably get in trouble for saying this, but that’s life. Referees make their decisions and we have to get on with it, but I feel we are hard done by and didn’t deserve to lose the game.

“We were in the game at half-time and eight minutes later Russell was called to the referee’s room and sent off. It’s baffling.

“Russell has scored against his home town team and has maybe gone over the top in celebrating, but the second booking for kicking the ball bang on half-time was harsh.

“Grant was sent off for some comments, but I don’t think they were over the top, but the fourth official deemed it a red card offence.â€

It was the inconsistency of McDonald’s display which left the home team feeling aggrieved and McGuire was left pleading for an element of consistency.

He said: “It is one of those games where we were the better team from start to finish. I thought the sending off was a bit of a farce.

“The referee let some things go and clamped down on other things and I think we need to have an idea of where we stand.

“I don’t know if officials are trying to make a point after what has happened in England recently, but we need to have it cleared up. It took 10 minutes at half-time to send somebody off and then two minutes after full time to send somebody else off.â€

The defeat was Caley Thistle’s seventh in a row, but McGuire insists the players are behind Craig Brewster despite reports of unrest.

He said: “There has been talk of the manager losing the dressing room but we showed that is not the case. Aberdeen had not won in six games but there was no talk of their manager having lost the dressing room was there?

“We are all in this game to win and we meet every Monday to discuss the result.â€

ABERDEEN manager Jimmy Calderwood today hit back at Phil McGuire for accusing him of “cuddling†a linesman in Inverness.

Caley Thistle defender and ex-Don McGuire accused Calderwood of embracing assistant referee George Drummond after a last-gasp goal gave the Dons a 4-3 SPL win in Inverness.

But Calderwood claimed he was apologising to the official for having shouted at him earlier.

He said: “I put my hand on the official’s shoulder and said sorry for giving him a rollocking earlier.

“It was heat of the moment stuff but I had been out of order.â€

McGuire could be in trouble with the SFA for also slating referee Dougie McDonald.

Now, first off, I was hammered at the game (sheep#1, voddie on the walk to the ground, good call!) but I thought we were all over them especially later in the 2nd half and there should only have been one winner, well, that's what I hazily remember.

Am I right or not? ???

That was the part that got me. I know its a long trip and a lot of drink is drunk but i remember everything else about the day apart from Caley being all over us!!

No - JC put Maguire on and he won us the match. Doesn't matter what you think of JC or indeed of Maguire, he was completely justified by the result.

Exactly, who cares what he could have done. What matters is what he did do, and that was put maguire on who subsequently scored the winner. There's not a lot else to really discuss is there?