Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Killie at home.

33 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

I must have the KillieTV stream as the commentator isnt exactly enthusiastic

Think is heart rate went from 45 - 48 when Taylor scored.

spacer.png

Presumably they didn't let him out of Kilmarnock to do the commentary.  I'm impressed that he can be simultaneously monotone and delusional - "an even game", "one touch passing from Kilmarnock", and just after our 4th goal "a setback for Kilmarnock"

Good result. I thought the midfield and forward areas looked good today. Mcrorie played well at the back. 

Begs the question. Would anyone else bring in scales and play McRorie RCB instead of El capitano ?

I think when Barron is fit, he takes over at 10 and Vinnie goes where Marley was.

A better watch than expected,good to get among the goals. We were decent going forward at times,still think weve potentially more to come in that dept. 

And better than expected defensively. Stewart,McRorie and Roos all good. Kennedy and Hayes keeping things going up front,Hayes my MoM. What a guy 👍

• Like 1

Aye, Hayes excellent again today, as was Coulson. That 4-1-4-1 setup definitely the key to this side. Ramadani just sitting in front keeping things moving and not involving himself further forward too often is perfect. It made us relatively comfortable with a pairing of Vinny and Kennedy (who both played well today too) in front. I think it'd be harsh to drop either of them, but a bit of a different game away from home and maybe not the best idea. Credit to Goodwin for the brave tactics, which we wouldn't have seen under his opposite number today.

18 goals for is a phenomenal return so far this season and bodes well. Generally it's the team with the better goal difference that rises to the top (of the rest, anyway). 

• Like 2

Good result, decent performance too. Gave them a bit too much of the ball at times, but overall, controlled the game I thought. I'm so glad to see the right Besuijen today, that's the player I expected to see when we got him. If he can hit that level a bit more frequently, then we've got ourselves a player. Was good to see Ramirez too, as we're probably going to need to use him between now and Jan (if anything even happens then).  I thought he looked keen.

I missed the start, what was the reception for McInnes like?  Just glad we got the 3 points, even better that we knocked them for four.

I don't usually back us if I'm not at the match or we can't see it Live on council TV but because Derek and Tony Doc. were returning to Pittodrie for the first time as a rival management team we did below bet. Not bad for a £25 stake. 

£2.50 Ash Taylor Anytime Goal (6/1), £7.50 Vincente Besuijen Anytime Scorer (3/1), £12.50 Bojan Miovski To Score Two Or More Goals In Game (7/1)!!!  

Predicted right number of goals too.  Just wrong scoreline!  I said £2.50 Aberdeen 3-2 (28/1).

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Good result, decent performance too. Gave them a bit too much of the ball at times, but overall, controlled the game I thought. I'm so glad to see the right Besuijen today, that's the player I expected to see when we got him. If he can hit that level a bit more frequently, then we've got ourselves a player. Was good to see Ramirez too, as we're probably going to need to use him between now and Jan (if anything even happens then).  I thought he looked keen.

I missed the start, what was the reception for McInnes like?  Just glad we got the 3 points, even better that we knocked them for four.

McInnes got a good reception as he walked along to the dugout.Hope he didn't hear the Ash Taylor wife song though 😬

Wee mention to the family section ultras....Aaaberdeen,...Aaaberdeen  👍

8 hours ago, BigAl said:

fuck sake

bad goal to lose

2-1

I only just watched this game on replay after avoiding the score.  I couldn't help but chuckle him getting a goal after fucking up for our first.  The Ash giveth, the Ash taketh away. 

3 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

I had honestly forgotten he was an option.  He did really well when he came on, I was furious with Morris when he didn't cut it back for him. 

It was criminal. He was quite clearly the best option.  I had said to Jute elsewhere I thought it was Duk, but my boys were playing up and missed the replay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elgindon said:

A better watch than expected,good to get among the goals. We were decent going forward at times,still think weve potentially more to come in that dept. 

And better than expected defensively. Stewart,McRorie and Roos all good. Kennedy and Hayes keeping things going up front,Hayes my MoM. What a guy 👍

Hayes had some cracking shithousery with Armstrong toward the end.  Hayes is as good a choice as any for motm but I wouldn't have complained if Coulson, rama, Miovski or Kennedy got it.  

I do quite like Stewart but he needs to just stop with the Beckenbauer shit. There was a few times in the first 25 he got caught out but he was much better in the second.  Its hard to judge the defence today too much as I didn't think Killie were up to much after the first goal went in.  

1 minute ago, manc_don said:

It was criminal. He was quite clearly the best option.  I had said to Jute elsewhere I thought it was Duk, but my boys were playing up and missed the replay.

Fucking right it was criminal. I don't understand why he is ahead of Duncan in the pecking order whom was excellent when he came on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, Hayes excellent again today, as was Coulson. That 4-1-4-1 setup definitely the key to this side. Ramadani just sitting in front keeping things moving and not involving himself further forward too often is perfect. It made us relatively comfortable with a pairing of Vinny and Kennedy (who both played well today too) in front. I think it'd be harsh to drop either of them, but a bit of a different game away from home and maybe not the best idea. Credit to Goodwin for the brave tactics, which we wouldn't have seen under his opposite number today.

18 goals for is a phenomenal return so far this season and bodes well. Generally it's the team with the better goal difference that rises to the top (of the rest, anyway). 

Aye I thought rama was really good today and agree that's the best place to play him.  Vinny and kennedy did just fine, Kennedy had a really good first half i thought.  Not sure who you would drop to bring scales back in if you were to keep that system 🤔

Overall, bar fucking Morris who massively needs to have a word with himself, we didn't have a bad performance from anyone really.  I really hope we can get Coulson on a permanent deal, he's easily the best lb since Lowe and possibly since Robertson though that remains to be seen.  Watkins deserves credit, first half in particular he was excellent and involved in pretty much everything we did well going forward.  

It's never a bad thing to be scoring well. 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Fucking right it was criminal. I don't understand why he is ahead of Duncan in the pecking order whom was excellent when he came on. 

Sunk cost fallacy. We paid a bit of money for him so I get that we are trying to give him a shot but your right it can't be at the expense of Duncan.

5 hours ago, DantheDon said:

Sunk cost fallacy. We paid a bit of money for him so I get that we are trying to give him a shot but your right it can't be at the expense of Duncan.

The only other reason I can think of is that we're limiting his minutes until he agrees to sign a new contract. It needs to happen soon, and obviously Barron too, but at some point we'll likely have to cut our losses with perhaps both of them I think. I was disappointed when we signed Morris (or Roberts, can't remember which!), as it was clear that this could be a break through season for Duncan and he was always going to hinder that. I assumed that he was a hidden gem that they couldn't pass up, but he looks like the result of a really drunk night out with the scouting laptop. There are basic parts of his game that lend to being shite that should have been spotted. Duncan runs with the ball at his feet, Morris kicks it then chases it. The latter approach always comes up against the limitations of your own pace, and Morris doesn't appear to have anything special in that regard (unlike Richardson). He appears to be a monumental fanny too, and doesn't track back effectively. He'll join Samuels at ICT, who was very similar and found his level. It's frustrating because it's a signing that didn't need to happen. If we'd recognised that Duncan was on his way up, a simple Jenks-like loan deal for 6-12 months to bolster the squad and ensure that Duncan isn't playing too many minutes would have been fine (and exactly how we should be using the loan system). We have Besuijen, Watkins, Duk, Hayes, Kennedy, maybe Roberts (and Coulson if stretched) who can all play wide while still allowing plenty of minutes for Duncan. Morris doesn't deserve the time he is getting on the pitch, he shouldn't be allowed back on until others are given their opportunity.