Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SLC - Galabankies vs Dons

10 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Ryan Duncan may have played his way into the starting 11, he's been excellent since he came on. 

Yep, he's certainly first sub in my eyes. I think Goodwin would be more likely to play Besuijen and Hayes with Clarkson, which is fine. Duncan has to stay at pittodrie* and get minutes ahead of Morris and Kennedy. An extended contract too, it's rare you get a powerful fast winger, it's important to keep hold of him. Some of the signings are going to be pish, so it's great to have young players coming through to add to the squad and make up for the duds. It really takes the pressure off the manager.

*I mean not go out on loan.

Edited by RicoS321
  • Like 3

Thought Annan were well organised. Sat back, allowed us passive possession then as we tried to play that through ball, one tried to cut it out and another went to the man. There was one point when Miovoski, I think, thought, "fuck it" and tried that kids football thing of barging his way through a melee involving Vinnie and about 5 Annan players, hoping the ball would bounce off enough limbs he would come out the other side with it. 

Game was crying out for some shots from range, us falling back encouraging them out before playing a ball over the top etc. 

As tlg said pitch was tiny. Any team trying to play through 10 outfield players in the final 3rd on effectively a 9-a-side (OK maybe an U16's 11-a-side) pitch will struggle. 

• Like 1

Bit of Lee Seymour and Annan Athletic trivia.

I've actually been in the changing rooms and players pavilion at Galabank a couple of times when reporting on East of Scotland side Coldstream for Berwickshire News in early 2000's.  Quite a nice gaff which I'm sure might have been modernised since we were last there 2002.

• Like 2