Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SLC - Galabankies vs Dons

That's a fairly rank performance so far. Tight pitch and they're sitting in, but the lack of invention is very last season. It's showing the lack of quality in depth in the squad and obviously the difficulty in such a huge turnover of players. That right hand side of Shayden and Jayden is fairly rank. Morris isn't better than McLennan, which is a little shit. With Clarkson and Hayes missing we lack energy and creativity. McRorie been pish too. I'd take on Hayes and Duk. Kennedy been okay, but he doesn't penetrate, he'll do the easy ball in that nearly gets through to the striker.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

That's a fairly rank performance so far. Tight pitch and they're sitting in, but the lack of invention is very last season. It's showing the lack of quality in depth in the squad and obviously the difficulty in such a huge turnover of players. That right hand side of Shayden and Jayden is fairly rank. Morris isn't better than McLennan, which is a little shit. With Clarkson and Hayes missing we lack energy and creativity. McRorie been pish too. I'd take on Hayes and Duk. Kennedy been okay, but he doesn't penetrate, he'll do the easy ball in that nearly gets through to the striker.

I'd say that's a good comparison, Morris-McLennan, surely Morris has more but watched the entire first half and yet to see him take on a player. Vinny has been buzzing around but don't see him with that creative final ball. This is the game a legit #10 makes a difference, tight field, bit of magic centrally. I do see Hayes making a difference, maybe this is the game for the more physical Duk. We have to play much faster, run them off the park. Too slow which suits them perfectly.

Half time where Goodwin makes his money hopefully.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Who'd have thought that taking off yer shite players would have such an impact. We're much better. Well done Vinny. Should have had a pen a few minutes earlier.

I still don't see how the ref missed that. It was right in front of him.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

we all know Jim Goodwin reads this forum

36 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd take on Hayes and Duk. 

30 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Cheers Jim.

Wonder what his username is..

And has he signed the energy crisis petition yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing I will say in the teams defence tonight is this pitch is well narrow.  61 metres.  For context Tynecastle pre new main stand was 64 (its 68 now), Pittodrie is 66, hampden (renowned for being very wide) is 70. This was always going to be a stodgy game for us, Goodwin likes his wingers. 

24 minutes ago, Panda said:

Annan's current run of form

Albion Rovers 2-2

East Kilbride 1-1

Stirling 1-2

Dumbarton 0-4

They're second bottom of League 2. 

We better destroy this mob in extra-time to make up for the previous 90.

Okay fine, Aberdeen you're forgiven.