Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup - raith rovers at home

Thought Hancock did well.A bit raw maybe but good attitude,could be an exciting player.Richardson could have shown a bit more of Hancocks positivity.

Miovski looks clever,Duk a handful.Nae sure how that defence will do v Celtic though.Will take a low scoring defeat at this stage...

Edited by Elgindon
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Game supposedly on the 30th or 31st August.

Too much to ask these games be played on a weekend

Actually pleased with that...daughter is about to start as a junior Dr. in Dumfries and a midweek visit from down south with B&B + train is far cheaper than a weekend one! 

Edited by dons8321

Decent ish performance today. As others have said, not sure how that transposes to the league. Our subs killed the game, McRorie not the answer at left centre half, so if Al is right about a new left back then shifting Hancock into centre would be a far better option. Stewart wins everything in the air, Richardson doesn't seem to be good enough, Scales looks decent, Miovski and Duk will be struggling to be match sharp for the Tims. Ramadani was okay, but not as dominant as I expected (as someone else mentioned, Barron has looked better for us previously, although we can likely accommodate both). Kennedy wasn't pish, but not great either, a good backup. There's something I don't trust about Roos. 

A great start to the season though and still plenty of work to be done. Hayes, McRorie and Hancock our best players.

Miovskis pen was ace. And mccrories goal was a peach too. Concerned about all the comments about the defence, haven’t seen enough to be able to comment on it, but would suspect it won’t bode well against the Tims. 

still, all four games won, none conceded, can’t complain about that at all

Willing to give Richardson a chance and don’t think he’s as poor as some say, a hard and pacy worker who does give us something. Also a young lad with plenty of time to improve…….and nowhere near as poor as gurr!

we haven’t really been challenged in the four games so far. raith were the best to date and did expose us a little but I’ll judge us from Celtic onwards. We have to acknowledge we have an new back 5 including Roos, plus scales, Richardson, and Hancock are young. New team with plenty of first team inexperience, only fair to give them time. Even Stewart, captain of a new team who haven’t played together, lots of gelling, understanding of each other’s game etc., thing we owe a little patience.

roos hasn’t overly impressed me to date, doesn’t look as good as a declining Lewis, but I’ll still save judgement until league games. A little surprised we haven’t seen Lewis at all so far as I think part of his poor play from last season was a result of a shitty season as a team and a loss of confidence.

goodwin again saying we need 2-3 more players. Morris, Ronan, McGrath, anyone else been mentioned? Martin Boyle really at the game? Anything there??

• Like 1

Genuinely can't remember the last time I was at a game we won 3-0 so I'll take that. 

Not a vintage performance but had a friendly feel to it - they knew the group  was won as soon as the penalty went in, Raith had a few half chances but generally offered little, and I think there was one eye on Celtic.

Might sound and odd thing to say, but least seven in the starting line-up have never played Celtic away before, 60,000 on their flag day, huge game. I think it's hard to not be thinking about that and wanting to get through the 90 minutes without an injury. Until they get there of course and realise Celtic's famous atmosphere is only reserved for the Champions League.

I think we'll find the intensity will be a lot higher this weekend. It'll have to be.

4 hours ago, Panda said:

Genuinely can't remember the last time I was at a game we won 3-0 so I'll take that. 

Not a vintage performance but had a friendly feel to it - they knew the group  was won as soon as the penalty went in, Raith had a few half chances but generally offered little, and I think there was one eye on Celtic.

Might sound and odd thing to say, but least seven in the starting line-up have never played Celtic away before, 60,000 on their flag day, huge game. I think it's hard to not be thinking about that and wanting to get through the 90 minutes without an injury. Until they get there of course and realise Celtic's famous atmosphere is only reserved for the Champions League.

I think we'll find the intensity will be a lot higher this weekend. It'll have to be.

I feel with the players brought in lately, they will be able to lift and match the intensity. Seems a very different group of characters to that of last year.

Just need to make sure Duk stays of the rowies and sheds some of that extra weight he's arrived with. His turn of pace could open things up with Celtic playing a high line.