Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup - raith rovers at home

Just now, BigAl said:

Somewhat fortunate to be two up in my opinion.

Raith have given a pretty.decent account of themselves.

Too many loose passes from us and play like that next week and The Victims will put us to the sword I fear.

A penalty and a worldy have put use in a good position but Raith have probably had the better of the play and some lovely bits of passing IMO.

Our only tactic looks to be putting the ball up the channels and using pace at this point.

12 minutes ago, redordead said:

A penalty and a worldy have put use in a good position but Raith have probably had the better of the play and some lovely bits of passing IMO.

Our only tactic looks to be putting the ball up the channels and using pace at this point.

Agreed. We need a 10 to have central final third threat and that changes the entire game, and we play two from hayes vinnie and kennedy wide. Good to bring one of them off the bench, although I wonder if kennedy goes the ojo route where he starts a season well and eventually normal service resumes. 
on another note, Stewart is a beast in the air, does he lose headers??

You'd happily take 3-0 against Raith at any time. Potential banana skin dealt with and you have be beer pleased at that.

Not the best performance. Thought Hancock was a stand out for us. Otherwise not too much to shout about.

Let's hope the resilience lasts. That said Stewart still hasn't won me over. Makes as many mistakes as big Ash did.

Miovski really never did much. Ramirez looked like his confidence took a hit and Vinnie was really quiet.

That said, we got the job done and never looked in trouble second half.

Fingers crossed for a big performance next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Job done

Eould have taken four wins, twelve goals scored and none conceded before the competition.

Far bigger challenges ahead and we will need to step it up considerably

Yup. Raith challenged us a little and league play will be an up in level. Really don’t know how strong/weak we are yet. Next week will certainly be a test, particularly with mccrorie dropping back and us thin on center mid with Barron injured. Still, you can only play what’s in front of you and we scored goals and kept clean sheets to date. Results don’t lie!