Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dees

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

That's not obvious at all, that's something you've convinced yourself is true but you're not backing up with evidence. Bates has given away 2 this season (Gallagher one). I doubt Considine has ever given away more than that in a season. Maybe in his first couple of seasons. The Wikipedia definition for the term gifting penalties actually had to be rewritten after Bates' disaster against utd, as they'd found the pinnacle of examples.

You're right, we have no idea, but given Goodwin offered him a contract, it suggests he was deemed fit. I doubt he'd have lost much from his game in that short a space of time. His game has never been based on pace, it's not like he'd have to adapt.

No player is guaranteed game time. What is likely to have been said, and correctly so, is that he's a better left centre back than the existing options and he should be ahead of them in the team. He should be in the team now. The problem I have (and I expect Andy had) is that both Bates and Gallagher will be expecting to be first team players, and with moving Considine on it suggests that is being granted. He's being overlooked for worse players quite simply.

You’re one of these guys who has to win an argument and demands facts. Andy is 35, coming back from a big injury, slow, and declining with age. And limited ability. Don’t see how anyone can argue with that.

what facts do you have that back up your argument? Why would Andy be better than bates or Gallagher? You have nothing, you are just guessing. It’s just opinion and we disagree. 

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I just checked, in the previous three league seasons (not this one, obviously) Considine gave away three pens (one for handball). Not really regular by any stretch.

If you want stats then be fair. I need every season he has played and how many penalties he gives away compared to teammates. I stick by what I said but if you insist on fact you have to assess his entire career and compare his stats to the rest of our team. Or you can just respect differing opinions.