Jump to content

Scottish League Cup

Sunday 10 July 2022 - kick-off 3pm

Peterhead v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

Dons - Dees


Recommended Posts

No other way of stating it. We need to keep this in our own hands, but am I confident of us doing it? No. Dundee, or namely, Adam seems to have us figured out this season and the team can’t be arsed. This will be the true test of Goodwin, to see if he can motivate them to get anything from this lot (his own making, granted).
 

fail to get 3 points here and st j get anything, then it really is squeaky bum time. Dundee aren’t out of it yet. Could still sneak into the play off position if results go their way so plenty for everyone to play for still. Think we need two wins to be safe, and that’s the least we should be aiming for.

out

bed

bed

parenting 

2-1 dons, Ferguson and besuijen 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May be working,not sure if In yet

Pre/Post - Driving

Mainer if In

Prediction - Too unpredictable.Not sure what more Goodwin has got, to get more out of the current squad,outcome in the laps of the Gods

  1 - 1  Hayes mazy run 

Edited by Elgindon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched the Dundee-St Johnstone game on Saturday. 

Dundee scored a good opening goal but after that their sole threat was through Charlie Adam's set pieces and they didn't have a single shot on target the rest of the game.

I'd like to think we'll have learned that lesson from the 2-2 and be working on defending set pieces this week. 

To be fair to Dundee, they defended well against St Johnstone, didn't really stop the ball coming into the box but won their headers and threw their bodies on the line. Basically, the type of defence we hate playing against at the minute.

Has the look of a 1-0 win, Lewis Ferguson penalty about it, not pretty but get the points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

One clean sheet in the last 18 games (Edinburgh City in the cup) so a 1-0 win highly unlikely but let's hope so 🤞

That just means we're due one.

I still find it staggering that we're persisting with Bates on his wrong foot in defence, it's criminal. The fact that him and Gallagher are going to be here next season (and we're getting rid of a better centre half than both of them) is fucking absurd. Surely Goodwin must have come to the conclusion that they're not good enough as a pairing so one of them will have to be on the bench next season and that results in a very expensive bench warmer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

That just means we're due one.

I still find it staggering that we're persisting with Bates on his wrong foot in defence, it's criminal. The fact that him and Gallagher are going to be here next season (and we're getting rid of a better centre half than both of them) is fucking absurd. Surely Goodwin must have come to the conclusion that they're not good enough as a pairing so one of them will have to be on the bench next season and that results in a very expensive bench warmer.

Would be good to think Luke Turner - the defender we have out on loan at Cliftonville - might get his chance. The fans there absolutely love him. A mate over there who I hadn't spoke to for decades messaged me just to rave about him. 

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cliftonville-teenager-luke-turner-been-23188287.amp

 

Edit: He's also left footed.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just cannot bring myself to go to this. Last two home games have been utter shite and cannot justify the expense to do it again. Any sensible manager would have Considine in for Bates on Saturday. Pretty sure that won’t happen though. Could try dropping McCrorie back in there instead of Bates and go with Watkins in his attacking midfield role to support Ramirez up front. Just have to scrape a win here but cannot see it even against a team managed by McGhee.

Oot

shopping

bailing out of shopping and heading to local game

looking up dates of play offs 

1-1 Ferguson penalty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've already looked them up!!

I won't see the game as out for boozy lunch but I canny see how we get a win either

Does Redtv replay the game in the evening?

I'm tempted to not find out the score and watch "live" when I get home - but is that maybe too much torture!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jute said:

Just cannot bring myself to go to this. Last two home games have been utter shite and cannot justify the expense to do it again. Any sensible manager would have Considine in for Bates on Saturday. Pretty sure that won’t happen though. Could try dropping McCrorie back in there instead of Bates and go with Watkins in his attacking midfield role to support Ramirez up front. Just have to scrape a win here but cannot see it even against a team managed by McGhee.

Oot

shopping

bailing out of shopping and heading to local game

looking up dates of play offs 

1-1 Ferguson penalty

Isn't McCrorie suspended?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

I've already looked them up!!

I won't see the game as out for boozy lunch but I canny see how we get a win either

Does Redtv replay the game in the evening?

I'm tempted to not find out the score and watch "live" when I get home - but is that maybe too much torture!! 

Not worth ruining what will probably be a nice day for you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, manc_don said:

Not worth ruining what will probably be a nice day for you! 

Well that's now been cancelled so might have to watch the bloody game after all 🤣

Desperately trying to make other plans!! 

Edited by Goldie03
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barron heavily involved, and eager to play and move the ball forward. Very lively and aggressive too. If we had two center mids like this each week we’d do well. Ferguson is too deep and too keen to go sideways. Best I’ve seen Barron play so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Barron heavily involved, and eager to play and move the ball forward. Very lively and aggressive too. If we had two center mids like this each week we’d do well. Ferguson is too deep and too keen to go sideways. Best I’ve seen Barron play so far.

If Barron keeps this up, he'll be a target for bigger clubs in the summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...