Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Livi

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

No only did we not get the penalty we should have and to play 50 minutes against ten men BUT the idiots now ban the keeper for a game against the team hunting us down in the league.

It wouldn't have been a penalty, just a red. The ref gave the free kick, probably correctly, for Besuijen moving in front of the keeper which happened before the shove in the face. I don't think we'd have won had they gone down to four men such was the lack of anything remotely creative.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It wouldn't have been a penalty, just a red. The ref gave the free kick, probably correctly, for Besuijen moving in front of the keeper which happened before the shove in the face. I don't think we'd have won had they gone down to four men such was the lack of anything remotely creative.

Alright potential penalty award aside, you can't really argue we are getting the short end of the stick here.

Similar to thon thug Porteous incident at Fester Road where again the failure of a referee to do his job potentially cost us.

Actually, add in McGregor at Pittodrie incident and already I am seeing potential points that would have not only seen us safe but in the top six.

Apologies in advance if I am coming across like a follower of Victim FC with my conspiracies 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Alright potential penalty award aside, you can't really argue we are getting the short end of the stick here.

Similar to thon thug Porteous incident at Fester Road where again the failure of a referee to do his job potentially cost us.

Actually, add in McGregor at Pittodrie incident and already I am seeing potential points that would have not only seen us safe but in the top six.

Apologies in advance if I am coming across like a follower of Victim FC with my conspiracies 

Do we have to take away the jenks handball and the Ferguson pen dive, or do they go into the "rub of the green, nothing to see here" box?

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Let's not forget the ludicrous red for Ojo at Tannadice where we should have played more than  half the game with a man advantage and the score at nothing each.

By fuck I must be becoming paranoid in my seventh decade

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, BigAl said:

Ferguson pen dive ?

How many points did that earn us ?

I can't remember which game, he dives a lot, but there was one extremely dubious pen given as Ferguson threw himself into a leg. Borderline ones would be Ramsay's one against some cunts, and the Morelos handball against the scum. I'm sure there are others that opposition supporters would point to. We only win, lose or draw by a goal these days anyway, so I'm guessing any decision in our favour has earned points.

To be honest, I'm fairly comfortable with most of the decisions that have gone for and against us this season, apart from the Ojo one that you mention. That was outrageous, however it's also a very unusual situation for the ref to deal with (Glass' initial reaction suggests he didn't know what to think until he was told what to think either). I couldn't care less about the porthoose and stryjek type ones that can be cleared up after the game. There was nothing in our play that brought on either incident, they just happened. The McGregor one is a game changer that occurred because of great play by us, but I'm still not completely convinced that hedges didn't just fanny it and move his leg towards the keeper (I think I'm wrong, but I can also see how the ref would have got it wrong). 

The real problem with the counting up of decisions against us that I have is that it's lead us to VAR, which I think is fucking awful for a game that makes most of its money from fans attending the matches. It'll ruin my enjoyment of games significantly, and it's perpetuated by the idea that every subjective decision has to be absolutely correct. I don't think VAR would have overturned the Ojo red card, probably the porteous one. Hardly worth ruining the spectator sport for.

On 26/04/2022 at 13:50, Goldie03 said:

I know everyone says your luck balances out over the season but by fuck we must surely be due something soon 

When our luck finally turns, 2028-29 is going to be an amazing season.

Edited by OxfordDon
  • Like 1