Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Livi

On 20/04/2022 at 11:50, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Oh GTF I don't care I just lost my sister!! Cormack is a tory cunt can't stand the piece of shit!! Our club is a circus playing in a corrupt clown leauge!!!!

Sorry for your loss but you're lucky I am out of the country right now because if I'd read your post on Wednesdaythen you were getting a :cardred: as you were asked a perfectly polite question.

Your choice min.

Try reading the site regulations.

• Like 1

Do you know what I'm going to give credit where its due despite the shite result.  They never gave up today, even when 2 down and a man down. That gives me some hope for the last 4 games.  It really is shaping up for a last game showdown against St J isn't it 🙈.

The referee was as bad as I've seen since collum in his early years, how do you get booked for being punched in the face? Both Mcrorie yellows were soft, especially the first. Cunt

Agree with Tlg.We looked a bit more useful with Watkins up front movement wise,if ony he had more of a goal threat.Johnny looks much better further forward and showed he can still cause some damage,...at least he could with better players near him,and Besuijen had a good game.Our appetite was good,I just think today was much as we can get out of the current squads limitations,though I thought the ref also turned the game.He had a stinker.

Defense doesnt seem to be the right combo.And £5k a week for Ojo ???,get him out of here. Ferguson was useless today too,quicker we get money for him and Ramsay the better.

If we can scrape thru this season,am curious to see what Goodwin can come up with for next.                                                                                         

Edited by Elgindon

That was really, really bad. I didn't think we could get worse than the county game, but we've managed it. I haven't seen a performance that insipid since Paterson was here. An absolutely shocking performance by players and manager. The ref was obviously terrible too, but that can't be used as an excuse. Goodwin has taken a honking Glass side and ripped any remaining confidence from it in a ridiculously high risk strategy that relies on everyone else losing points. The players have left the building. How on earth you can watch that shite for over 70 minutes without a substitute is beyond imagination. Not only does it excuse the on field performance, but it tells the players on the bench that they're not good enough to take over from the 80% half arsed shite on the pitch. The fact that you've already told several of those subs that they're not good enough, in a tactical masterstroke, obviously doesn't help. To bring on Ramsay for five minutes is criminal. If he wasn't fit enough to risk for 45 minutes, then don't risk taking him on at all. If he was fit enough for anything more than a leg-stretch, then it's pure managerial incompetence not to have him on. I understand the need to give the manager a chance, and I absolutely will (I was, and am, a Goodwin fan). However, this current situation is entirely of his own making, and not the atmosphere an experienced manager should be creating - even temporarily - at a club. He's handled things terribly, and the players are downing tools as a result. He has to accept the criticism where it's due. He'll be bloody lucky if he can turn it around in time for the start of next season. 

Edit: I'd exclude Hayes from the effort criticism, he worked hard. Possibly Barron and McKenzie too, although both probably played within themselves.

Edited by RicoS321

35 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

That was really, really bad. I didn't think we could get worse than the county game, but we've managed it. I haven't seen a performance that insipid since Paterson was here. An absolutely shocking performance by players and manager. The ref was obviously terrible too, but that can't be used as an excuse. Goodwin has taken a honking Glass side and ripped any remaining confidence from it in a ridiculously high risk strategy that relies on everyone else losing points. The players have left the building. How on earth you can watch that shite for over 70 minutes without a substitute is beyond imagination. Not only does it excuse the on field performance, but it tells the players on the bench that they're not good enough to take over from the 80% half arsed shite on the pitch. The fact that you've already told several of those subs that they're not good enough, in a tactical masterstroke, obviously doesn't help. To bring on Ramsay for five minutes is criminal. If he wasn't fit enough to risk for 45 minutes, then don't risk taking him on at all. If he was fit enough for anything more than a leg-stretch, then it's pure managerial incompetence not to have him on. I understand the need to give the manager a chance, and I absolutely will (I was, and am, a Goodwin fan). However, this current situation is entirely of his own making, and not the atmosphere an experienced manager should be creating - even temporarily - at a club. He's handled things terribly, and the players are downing tools as a result. He has to accept the criticism where it's due. He'll be bloody lucky if he can turn it around in time for the start of next season. 

Edit: I'd exclude Hayes from the effort criticism, he worked hard. Possibly Barron and McKenzie too, although both probably played within themselves.

Would agree on Hayes, Barron and MacKenzie. That was horrific viewing today. If we go down (and we could) then Goodwin needs emptied as this will be on him as much as Glass. Next week is massive. 

12 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Totally agree with you regarding Ramsay...start with your best players in their best position.  If he can't go on after 30mins or so then adjust...Ojo isn't a full back and he was all over the place for their pen.  As for Hayes he was really good today except for his crossing.  Livi's crossing on the other hand was excellent...get the ball under control and then whip it into the box, no need to drop the shoulder, no need to beat your opponent - we on the other hand, try to pick out the perfect cross. 

40 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I understand the need to give the manager a chance, and I absolutely will (I was, and am, a Goodwin fan). However, this current situation is entirely of his own making, and not the atmosphere an experienced manager should be creating - even temporarily - at a club. He's handled things terribly, and the players are downing tools as a result. He has to accept the criticism where it's due. He'll be bloody lucky if he can turn it around in time for the start of next season. 

It’s a good point Rico. Goodwin has been so gung ho in his approach in an attempt to stamp his mark on the club that you almost feel his position will be getting questioned by some fans shortly which is ridiculous for the short time he has been in charge. We really just need to survive this season and hit the reset button as it were.

The odds of St Johnstone getting out of that play off spot are still against them but it’s not impossible.

13 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

It’s a good point Rico. Goodwin has been so gung ho in his approach in an attempt to stamp his mark on the club that you almost feel his position will be getting questioned by some fans shortly which is ridiculous for the short time he has been in charge. We really just need to survive this season and hit the reset button as it were.

Yep, that's just it, why create the atmosphere in the first place? That's McGhee-esque. That was a very unhappy team out there today. I mean, there's not really such a thing as a reset button is there? You've got guys who won't be there and guys that will. Why create the type of workplace where 50% don't want to be there? How long will it take the rest to recover/reset once the clear out has occurred? What does that bitterness do to the young guys like Barron and Ramsay? We're going to be relying on many of these guys next season whether Goodwin would like it or not. Gallagher and Bates go through the motions every single week. There is zero drive or passion from either of them. But they both will be here and likely playing every week. Ferguson can't be here for another year, it'll ruin him and he'll be a complete drain on the rest of the side (that's not a criticism, he deserves his chance elsewhere). Our team has very few signs of hope, and adding a layer of resentment does nobody any good. 

• Like 2

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=10

Maybe appointing Goodwin will keep us up after all: the only thing that gives me any comfort that we will avoid the playoff is that St Mirren seem to be even worse than us at the minute and if that's because they "lost" Goodwin and appointed Stephen Robinson then Cormack's a back-handed genius.

Edited by wee toon red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Stryjek banned for two games. I thought that if the ref dealt with it then it doesn't get overturned? The ref clearly saw the incident and thought it was just a yellow, what's the point in revisiting now?

Another kick in the teeth for us from the fucking idiots that run Scottish football.

No only did we not get the penalty we should have and to play 50 minutes against ten men BUT the idiots now ban the keeper for a game against the team hunting us down in the league.

How in the name of christ does any of that benefit us 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Stryjek banned for two games. I thought that if the ref dealt with it then it doesn't get overturned? The ref clearly saw the incident and thought it was just a yellow, what's the point in revisiting now?

I'm guessing cause he got the whole incident wrong - if he had booked the goalie maybe