Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stats

Guest Caroline B

Guest Caroline B

With nothing more to do today with time at work, I spent all of........must have been a few minutes, working out this couple of things.

Barring a complete disertion of football fans, by the end of the season Aberdeen shall have played before a total of almost 900,000 fans!

Provided that we beat QOS in the semi, we shall have played 56 competitive matches this season.

Therefore, I take my rather snazzy hat of to you if you have been to each and every one of those matches and sincerely hope that you are either very rich or have an understanding bank manager.  :thumbsup:

Top away crowd was 66,000 at Bayern Munich and top home crowd was against Copenhagen with 20,446

Therefore, I take my rather snazzy hat of to you if you have been to each and every one of those matches and sincerely hope that you are either very rich or have an understanding bank manager.  :thumbsup:

Not heard of anyone who had made it to every game this season, the UEFA trips took a toll on those who would do that normally.

With nothing more to do today with time at work, I spent all of........must have been a few minutes, working out this couple of things.

Barring a complete disertion of football fans, by the end of the season Aberdeen shall have played before a total of almost 900,000 fans!

Provided that we beat QOS in the semi, we shall have played 56 competitive matches this season.

Top away crowd was 66,000 at Bayern Munich and top home crowd was against Copenhagen with 20,446

Skimmed through all of that and all I can remember from the thread is "Caroline" and "Stats".

Did anyone catch what they were?

Not heard of anyone who had made it to every game this season, the UEFA trips took a toll on those who would do that normally.

Two guys on my bus havn't missed any game this season atall which is pretty awesome, they've been to every Uefa cup match, other cup matches and every league game, also another three or four guys have only missed about 1 or 2 matches which is also impressive, me on the other hand only missed 4.

Two guys on my bus havn't missed any game this season atall which is pretty awesome, they've been to every Uefa cup match, other cup matches and every league game, also another three or four guys have only missed about 1 or 2 matches which is also impressive, me on the other hand only missed 4.

Probably be slagged for this, but I find that ever so slightly mental. These folk must be fucking broke and be pretty bored, cant believe there hasnt been one thing happened in their lives since August that was a better option than heading down to Killie to see us getting humped??

Probably be slagged for this, but I find that ever so slightly mental. These folk must be fucking broke and be pretty bored, cant believe there hasnt been one thing happened in their lives since August that was a better option than heading down to Killie to see us getting humped??

It's the banter, Killie is sometimes one of the best trips of the season, mainly because the bus is half full and everyone is in a good mood until we draw or get beat.

Join us sometime, you'll love it.

Couldn't agree more.

Even if we were putting the likes of Man U, Real and Barca to the sword in the later stages of the CL I couldn't see myself committing that amount of my time and money to Aberdeen FC. Each to their own I guess  ???

I went a couple of seasons without missing a match. Don't go very often now due to other commitments, but when you stop going you can see how much madness it is: the financial difficulty it puts you in, the other things you miss out on because of it and probably most tellingly, is that you realise that you were just doing it out of habit and a lot of the time it wasn't that enjoyable at all other than having a laugh and a drink with your mates.  The primary reason I stopped going every week is that i stopped looking forward to it, I went because I felt obliged, which is just silly. But then, I was young and never thought I'd see the day that I wouldn't want to go to a match.

I look back on it now, and as you say Stonefish, it's mental. (speaking purely for myself here, not anyone else who goes every week)

Must admit when I was still in Scotland, the 01/02 season was an awesome one. I hardly ever went to Pittodrie for the simple reason that it was the furthest ground from my house out of all the SPL grounds. Only really went there for Old Firm matches, and for "Danish Day" against Livvy.

But the away matches were great fun. It was a whole day out to Dundee, Motherwell, Livvy, Glasgow or just wandering down the road to wherever in Edinburgh. It was great fun. But I really couldnae be fucked with the huge intricate journeys to Killie. What a shit-hole. What a shit stadium. And the Dons NEVER EVER put in a performance in Ayrshire. Must be the shiteness that is Ayrshire.

But part of the entertainment was the fact that we were shit-hot on the road back then. The seasons following that were a nightmare ... to the point that we just couldnae be bothered going to any of the matches anymore. Saturdays were filled better just sitting in the boozer or just sitting watching Ceefax and listening to Sportsound.

When I was in my early 20s and had no ties I went to every game, week nights in Aberdeen (travelling from Fife), testimonials, the lot. I even had a season ticket for the SS but in those days it was £4-6 to get into most games (late 80s) and it didn't feel like such a financial drain. It does become habit after a while but with other commitments in life like work, wife and kids, mortgage etc its just never gonna happen for me.