Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Huns vs dons

I think we were very unlucky not to get the 3 points tonight. Having seen the highlights I think there is a case for both the free-kick that led to their first goal and their pen. But as has been said, if it were at the other end there is no chance we would have got them.

Hopefully the last two games are a sign that things are starting to click for us, it should certainly give us more confidence going forward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Was Campbell taking the piss out of the Huns after Brown's goal.

Also, would VAR have gotten us a result last night?

Hmm...

He's a dandy, hates the Huns. 

If you genuinely believe that the people running var won't be subject to the exact same bias as the ref, you're deluded. Even the sportscene panel couldn't say that it was incredibly soft, and I think they even edited out the freekick for the first goal. As soon as the first controversial decision is made, the wee cheeky, laughable, japester Coisty will be out with the "who are these people?" and the death threats duly follow resulting in everyone being too scared to override a decision against them. The notion that var would be immune to that is ridiculous. We couldn't even hear from our manager last night because the BBC has unquestioningly accepted a ban on being in the ground.

The ref and var would be different though.

Var would have far more time to make a decision than a ref who is under pressure by 50,000 Huns or Celtic fans.

If you don't think that will help change some awful decisions, you're deluded.

P.s. I thought it was a penalty. Bates was a dick for holding his jersey.

Edited by HaarDon

1 minute ago, sheepheid said:

For me, it’s not a free kick anywhere else on the field. You wouldn’t have got every Rangers player and 50,000 huns screaming for a foul, and that is what influenced the ref to give it.

it wouldn’t have been a penalty at any other ground, for any other club. 

Agree, but perversely it wouldn't have been overturned by VAR either, and I'd go further and say that televised fitba has taken us to a point where we accept non fouls as fouls because of "contact" in a contact sport. I sort of agree with haardon that Bates was at fault - he definitely was. However, the tug on the jersey was separate to the player falling over. The player has dived after contact. In many ways it's similar to the one that Adams was given against Austria, where the jersey was pulled, the player doesn't reach the ball so then throws himself to the ground. Neither decision warrants a foul, but we've diluted the criteria of what warrants a foul so much, you can justify any decision. It's why var will never work, there are so rarely any clear and obvious errors. Most fouls given by VAR in the Euros I could have put together a good case for saying otherwise. Brophy's pen last night is also one that wouldn't have been overturned by VAR, but I'd say it's a classic case of the sky TV generation of fitba pundit siding with the modern concept of what makes a foul (Kerr and McFadden both highlighting a "trailing leg", despite that leg having no impact on the player). I don't know where it ends.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Panda said:

Got away from work late but made it to Ibrox just on 19:45 to be told the away fans car park was full. By the time I got the car parked, walked down and got in we were already 2-0 up! Missed the bounce for both goals.

Fair play to Glass tonight. Taken a lot of unfair stick lately, but tactics spot on and it's two set-pieces that have done us in. Other than that I didn't see Rangers scoring despite their second half pressure. 

Been saying for ages I'd like to see Brown in the centre of a three-man defence and McGeouch playing more, so hopefully that's what we'll see for the timebeing. Campbell too deserves a run at left-back.

Saw Calvin Ramsay after the game. Good that even though he clearly wasn't going to play he still made the trip down. Proper red.

And Hayes - that man will be bombing down the wing well into his 50s.

Did you know it was 2-0 before you got there? Must've thought it was a bug hoax!! 🤣 Been there before. I got to Easter Rd 30 mins late one day and we were 2-0 up. We ended up winning 2-0!

14 hours ago, Chris Frae Killie said:

Did you know it was 2-0 before you got there? Must've thought it was a bug hoax!! 🤣 Been there before. I got to Easter Rd 30 mins late one day and we were 2-0 up. We ended up winning 2-0!

I knew it was 1-0 because had I had checked twitter, but then put the phone in my pocket and started running. Got to the turnstile and the steward said "you've already missed two goals" and presumed it was 1-1 until I got in and heard our support giving it big licks, stuck my head out and saw the scoreboard. 

I missed the Rangers goal too because then decided to grab a drink and despite three people serving they still took an age to do it. 

Well worth the £32 though.