Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Huns vs dons

21 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Have had to stop listening as my VPN doesn't work at work.  Is it all them after Morelos' goal?

Not really. They've had the bulk of possession, but we had a good chance through Ferguson that was as good as anything they've had.

Great first half, two excellent goals. We look well organised and up for it. Some solid performances so far. Hayes, hedges and Ramirez pressuring well, causing them mistakes. Brown and McRorie been solid. McGeouch been okay but looks like a guy not playing every week. Ojo struggling, with Bates poor. Ferguson showing that he's totally capable of matching these cunts, he's been very good, fuck knows why that isn't the case every week. 

Need another couple of goals for good measure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Also, Campbell been good. I think he's better than McKenzie in there, he's just very good on the ball. Needs to be more physical, but I think he could still be a very good player. That reverse pass for the first was class.

Totally agree about Campbell

His chances have been limited this season but he certainly must be giving Glass some food for thought

Unlucky not to get three points. We had them. Ojo always a risk in that area, as he has a mistake or two in him in every game. Fuck knows what Bates was doing though, really badly positioned. Would like to see an angle that shows the line as it seemed like he was a yard or so off. 

We seemed to tire a bit towards the end. Hayes with some fantastic fitness on show into the 90th minute. 

Overall a great performance, with a lot of stand outs. Bates the only one that didn't quite cut it.

Thought the tempo was really good. Penalty was soft but Ojo should've moved the ball before he gave it away.

I've never been a big mcgeoch fan but he was excellent tonight, hates rolled back the years and deano kept on top of Tav brilliantly.

Only slight blip for me was fergie. He looks like he needs time out. Plenty of energy but no creativity or bravery when he gets into a good position. How many free kicks can he be allowed to hit into walls this season?

1 minute ago, redordead said:

Only slight blip for me was fergie. He looks like he needs time out. Plenty of energy but no creativity or bravery when he gets into a good position. How many free kicks can he be allowed to hit into walls this season?

Wow, I thought Ferguson was excellent, especially first half. Got stuck in and won everything. Some stray passes in the second but generally moved the ball well. Agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near freekicks, but I'm assuming that nobody else is stepping up due to not being very good at them. I'd like to have seen Campbell on the one he fired into the wall.

• Like 1

Just now, RicoS321 said:

Wow, I thought Ferguson was excellent, especially first half. Got stuck in and won everything. Some stray passes in the second but generally moved the ball well. Agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near freekicks, but I'm assuming that nobody else is stepping up due to not being very good at them. I'd like to have seen Campbell on the one he fired into the wall.

To be fair I only caught the second half. He just seems to always slow the game or make the wrong decision around the edge of the box. That charge into the box, he has no left foot, no plan to try and cross it or cut back. He's basically running hoping to go down, which is pretty much his whole game these days. He used to do so much more.

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

Agree Rico. Surprised that anyone thinks Ferguson played poorly. Thought he played really well in the middle with McGeouch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Slim said:

Looked like it was a penalty on the highlights there, Bates with a handful of the guy’s jersey. Seemed like Bates was the one who was supposed to be tracking Morelos for their first goal too. 

I agree. It's exceptionally soft, wouldn't be given at the other end, but the focus has to be on the defending. He just doesn't look match sharp. Looks like a guy that might be quite good, but he's just switching off and being caught a yard short regularly. Reminds of two other Scotland defenders in Hendry and Hanley, where they went through a spell of regularly fucking up when they weren't match sharp.

Well organised, excellent game plan, executed well. Ojo dragged out of position but partly because Bates was constantly. Hayes MoM. Hedges makes us better. Campbell ace until tiring but even then intelligent enough to realise it and do the right things.

Cheated out of 2 points.

Think I’m getting back to pre, the demise of original hun, don’t care. 

Free kick that was not a foul, creates the first and just matter of fact, double down, cheating for the penalty. It’s not even controversial anymore. It just is. 

Got away from work late but made it to Ibrox just on 19:45 to be told the away fans car park was full. By the time I got the car parked, walked down and got in we were already 2-0 up! Missed the bounce for both goals.

Fair play to Glass tonight. Taken a lot of unfair stick lately, but tactics spot on and it's two set-pieces that have done us in. Other than that I didn't see Rangers scoring despite their second half pressure. 

Been saying for ages I'd like to see Brown in the centre of a three-man defence and McGeouch playing more, so hopefully that's what we'll see for the timebeing. Campbell too deserves a run at left-back.

Saw Calvin Ramsay after the game. Good that even though he clearly wasn't going to play he still made the trip down. Proper red.

And Hayes - that man will be bombing down the wing well into his 50s.

• Like 1