Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Qarabag FK vs Dons

29 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

We have no chance in the second leg given one has that Austrian referee Harald Lechner officiating who did us over at Pittodrie against HNK Rijeka 2019!!

24 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I think Ojo did us over in that game.

Agree with Rico

What was it ?

Less than twenty minutes in and Ojo sold us down the river 

13 hours ago, Panda said:

Glass saying in his interview that two Qarabag players (their captain & whoever was number 6) are both suspended next week after picking up their third bookings.

Think we're okay on that score are we?

Think so as it’s three bookings for a suspension and do not think we have anyone on that yet. 

3 hours ago, manc_don said:

We’re going to be highly erratic this season. 

Assuming the cheque book isnt about to come out soon,think were going to have to allow for an erratic season,which is reasonable IMO,but not sure a large section of our support think so. 

Weve a good core to the side,and weve caught glimpses of what our more attacking approach may look like eventually.Personally,if the cheque book was to come out,and we got a good solid partner for Gallacher,I think that might restore some of Lewis' confidence,and encourage those further up the pitch

11 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Assuming the cheque book isnt about to come out soon,think were going to have to allow for an erratic season,which is reasonable IMO,but not sure a large section of our support think so. 

Weve a good core to the side,and weve caught glimpses of what our more attacking approach may look like eventually.Personally,if the cheque book was to come out,and we got a good solid partner for Gallacher,I think that might restore some of Lewis' confidence,and encourage those further up the pitch

I think Lewis has been fine. We've been very much like a McInnes side: our first eleven is good but any injuries in important areas renders us useless going forward; it's taking a while to work out his best eleven, and he's determined to keep everyone happy in the meantime; we're entirely threadbare and relying on luck to progress in Europe; we faced poor European opponents, that made us look better than we are, unfairly raising expectations; some of the signings aren't as good as we first thought. 

Glass has had zero support in recruitment this summer, through the dicking about in getting the new head of recruitment in. The head of recruitment can't be expected to have much in the way of strategy by the end of this window. Perhaps a couple of loanees and leave things until January.

• Like 1

I don’t care about the next round, we haven’t progressed and next week will be very difficult. The pitch was shit yesterday and they’ll appreciate pittodrie too. We can easily lose next week, certainly hope that’s not the case though. It’s a tough ask.

1 hour ago, LA-Don said:

I don’t care about the next round, we haven’t progressed and next week will be very difficult. The pitch was shit yesterday and they’ll appreciate pittodrie too. We can easily lose next week, certainly hope that’s not the case though. It’s a tough ask.

I dunno, I fancy us next week.  I took a lot of heart by the way we started bossing them the later stages of the second half.  In their heat, they ain't fully fit I reckon. They have to travel this time and I suspect it will be a good atmosphere too. I think the odds are in our favour though I don't for a second think it's going to be easy. 

• Like 1

I'll take penalties right now, as I can't see us beating them by two clear goals. I think it's clear one major strength Qarabag have is they are solid in defence - that's now six games they've played this season and they've only conceded to spot kicks. 

I do actually think we should play the team we plan to play on Thursday at Tynecastle. Get the forward players at least gelling. We've four days to recover afterwards & it'll be Qarabag doing the travelling so they're not exactly going to be fresh either. Like I said on the Hearts thread - the next game is Ross County at home and no disrespect to them that's when to give players a rest.

I can't remember last time I was so nervous for a game - I don't even think the last cup final we made I was this nervous. It would be massive for us to be in the group stages. I really wanted us to come back with a draw as with no away goals rule they would need to come here and try and beat us. But now they've something to defend, and as above they seem pretty good at that.

Hopefully we can do what Apollon Limassol did to us and wipe out the first leg advantage within the first 20 minutes and build momentum from there.