Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Qarabag FK vs Dons

35 minutes ago, redordead said:

Are there any pubs near forres or Elgin likely to be showing this?

Or do I have to pay up and watch it on my phone ?

Try the Muckle Cross on Elgin high st

Guessing thats a back 3. No idea what to expect but I fancy a sneaky 1 nil win for no reason

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 I reckon

With the personnel available that is as strong a team as we could out out I reckon ?

Yep on both accounts. A solid looking team with plenty of cover for when Jet forgets to run. It's the sort of side you'd see McInnes playing against the Hun or Tim. Caution and hope to sneak one. Really lacking a striker to take off the bench if things aren't working and I wonder if this one could be a step too far.

6-1, Considine double, Gallagher, Ramsay, Ferguson and Ramirez. In that order.

5 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

Just got the game up and by christ, that pitch.  If this was the replacement can only assume it was because the original pitch was ready for harvest.

Apparently the other surface is perfect.

They moved the game here because it is a bigger capacity 

Aberdeen letting the pitch beat them. Qarabag are still making passes and getting through Aberdeen, while as soon as we get it we convince ourselves we can't do anything cos it'll stick on the pitch. It's almost like they've got into our heads.

Jet been poor but he has to stay on because with Considine off we're now short in height, so we need him defensively at set-pieces. 

I'd think about putting on McGeouch to tighten things up through the middle. But, I wonder if Glass has another treble substitution up his sleeve at the break.

Good result. We had a shocking first half. Much better second half. Jet was an abomination, the whole game hinged on him coming off. He was a complete liability. The entire shape suffered because he can't track back, resulting in Ferguson, Brown and Ojo getting pulled all over the shop. As soon as McLennan came on and started pressuring and marking, our shape was restored. I'm not sure what we do in the next leg, we're not going to create much and Ramirez doesn't have the fitness to mark and make the runs. They were good. We can match them at pittodrie and hope for an opportunity.

Disaster for Considine, hope he's okay. Twenty short of third place in the player charts. Doesn't look good. McKenzie excellent in that role and thought Hayes put in a good shift too. 

8 hours ago, BigAl said:

Can't lie about this lads, I've got the fear about this one and its got nothing to do with the state of the pitch as I don't honestly believe it will do wither team any favours.

Suspect that they and the heat will be too much for us and to be honest right now I would snap your hand off for any result that was no worse than a single goal defeat. anything better than that is a bonus in my opinion.

Out

Working

Red TV

Watching more football online

3-0 (no Dons scorer)

I hate quoting my own posts but I did say I'd snap your hand off for nothing worse then a one goal defeat so got to be happy enough with that 

We have a MASSIVE chance to go through here

Please believe guys and grasp the opportunity

• Like 2

Lost to a bang average side which is the most frustrating thing. Got at them more in the second half but goalkeeper has had an easy night.

Jet offered nothing in the first half. Ojo was poor, I don't think I've ever seen an Aberdeen player in my life who gives the ball away as often as he does. 

We need to open contract talks with Calvin Ramsay on the plane home though. Cracking player.

Qarabag definitely beatable at home, but problem is we need to beat them by two clear goals really (unless we're planning on going all the way to pens) and we're short in defence and attack. They'll frustrate us at Pittodrie I think unless we manage to get an early goal and have them rocking.

At least the away goal rule been scrapped, otherwise they could have ended the tie in the first 10 minutes at Pittodrie.

Can new signings play in the 2nd leg, or do they need to be registered before the 1st leg?

Wasn't much on the bench to come on to make an impact other than McLennan.

Although McGinn is usually quite good in those circumstances, keeping the ball in tight spots and passing his way out of trouble and probably experienced in playing those kind of games with Northern Ireland.

2nd leg will be tricky, they look like they could be quite dangerous on the counter attack.

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

MOTM Jack McKenzie

No debate on that lads.

Del was sending him to Atlanta last summer if it hadn't been for Covid

Agreed, he was very good. There's probably not much room for improvement in McKenzie, unlike Ramsay, so I don't see him being a guy that'll make us a million but if we'd signed a player that good we'd have been delighted. It's important to note that Greg Leigh was deemed good enough by McInnes. That was the tired approach to dealing with youth that we saw. Leigh was a nothing player. McKenzie might not have been quite good enough at the beginning of the previous season (I don't know), but we didn't need a journeyman in instead of giving him valuable minutes on the park.