Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Qarabag FK vs Dons

We’ll ignore the fact that Azerbaijan is in asia, this is a huge euro test. On the back of the result today and potential injuries, it’s certainly been made harder. Hopefully the fact that so many changes were made we might find the form that our early season’s form has suggested. 

ive no doubt we’ll revert to as much of that same XI as much as possible. JET might get some confidence from his goal but can’t see it being transformational. We need to address the glaring shortcomings in this team if we’re to progress. One thing going in our favour is they’ve only just started their domestic season. Drew 1-1 away to a team that finished 5th, so shouldn’t be brimming with confidence.

Hopefully there should be a few dons fans in attendance given the countries oil industry. 

out

bed

work

work

2-1 qarabag , Ramirez 

Here we go pod had some good analysis on qarabag.  No pushovers but winnable I would say.  The conditions out there will likely be brutal heat wise and they like tika taka so we will need to resolve and discipline. 

Apparently they are shite at set pieces though and we seem to be really good at those this season so ?

No prediction, honestly don't have a clue

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Saw the photos the Cormack put up of the pitch, looks fucking awful

If that pitch was a football team it would be heart of midlothian. 

This isn't being played at their stadium in fairness and could work out worse for qarabag 2bh.  They are heavily reliant on a tika taka system and aspire to be the barca of Azerbaijan.  

Can't lie about this lads, I've got the fear about this one and its got nothing to do with the state of the pitch as I don't honestly believe it will do wither team any favours.

Suspect that they and the heat will be too much for us and to be honest right now I would snap your hand off for any result that was no worse than a single goal defeat. anything better than that is a bonus in my opinion.

Out

Working

Red TV

Watching more football online

3-0 (no Dons scorer)

I don't think they're that great tbh.

Only going by league games.

I think the heat is a poor excuse for a professional very fit athlete (unless you're a marathon runner) or it's 40 degrees.

Unfortunately the Raith scoreline brought us all back down to earth a little.

Like I said, hopefully just a blip in our pretty decent new regime.

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Have they only played 1 game in a month prior to our game or have I missed some cup games or something?

Let's get stuck into them and come away with a 2-0 win.

Certainly played the last two Thursday v Limassol.

2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Ffs I'm tired.

Duh ?

I meant domestic.

Still not a lot of games.

They've played five games - four European and one league. We've played seven. So there's not that much difference.

Their results so far 

0-0 Ashdod (home)

1-0 Ashdod (away)

1-1 Limassol (away)

1-0 Limassol (home)

1-1 Zira (away)

Worth noting, the two goals they've conceded have both been penalties, so in five games they've yet to concede from open play.

I also listened to the Here We Go podcast and the fella suggested if Qarabag have a lead to take to Pittodrie, they will frustrate the hell out of Aberdeen.

I think the pitch will play far more into our hands than theirs as we are far better set up for having the ball in air.  

Also, apparently they are shite on set pieces and we are good at those at the moment.

Interesting to see how glass plays it, wouldn't be at all surprised to see a back 3. 

I think we might just sneak it so I'm going 2-1 dons ramirez and Considine 

I think we’ve played two weak teams in Europe so far, this will be our first real test. They have been decent in Europe and done better than us in recent years, but I think with our strongest 11 (don’t think we have much depth) we’re not a bad side.

I’m going for 1-1, Ramirez.