Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fans Return

Jute

Dave Cormack has said he is hopeful of getting go ahead on Monday to have 300 fans  back for Killie game and 750 for Motherwell the week after. Apologies for the source.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-cormack-reveals-aberdeen-test-22635511

Assuming that if we get the  nod that they will use the loyalty points system to determine the lucky 300 guinea pigs.......I mean fans. 

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

What was the thinking in terms of numbers? Does it all relate to stadium capacity and how you're able to socially distance?

Guessing so. Czech Republic and Norway had 10% initially with no away fans. Think Czechs are now up to 5,000 and have some away fans. I would expect us to go with 10% in first instance as well. 

Confirmed Fans will be at Pittodrie and Dingwall this weekend.
Caviate is fans must be from the 'local area' and clubs have to issue a report afterwards.

Presume for a 'tv perspective the dons fans will be put in the Main Stand so time to get those shin pads on, or start having legs amputated

24 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Confirmed Fans will be at Pittodrie and Dingwall this weekend.
Caviate is fans must be from the 'local area' and clubs have to issue a report afterwards.

Presume for a 'tv perspective the dons fans will be put in the Main Stand so time to get those shin pads on, or start having legs amputated

Nah the mainer will be reserved for club officials and players.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't the RDS lower that gets used

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Nah the mainer will be reserved for club officials and players.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't the RDS lower that gets used

South Stand according to club email. Only season ticket holders from local area are eligible for the ballot.

ETA: Local Area = Aberdeen or shire.

47 minutes ago, Jute said:

Oddly despite the increasing infection rates in England the EFL are continuing with their test events.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54158891

Only teams in local lockdown areas are prevented from hosting events.

I think that a large percentage of these clubs might have their finances in a shocking state. I seen some of them pleading for it to be allowed.

No sympathy, they've been overpaying quite ludicrously in recent years and it's distorted our league.