Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Gretna - OFF?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no,no, I was being sarcastic.  I dont mean games like that per se. For all the crap that the likes of the directors have thrown our way about "stay away fans", surely reducing prices for say, replayed midweek league games would be beneficial.  Also if the mighty celtic can realise that at this point in the season, following your team does get expensive, after cup runs, league games and Europe.  Surely as a reward to the fans, lower ticket prices for a few games would not be out of order?

I guess our club and fans will be out of pocket from this.

I guess it highlights the dangers of having a single benefactor for the club.

Let's hope Wiggy doesn't fall into one of his pockets and drowns anytime soon.

Why he puts fuckall into the club and we probably would be better off without him

a-hahahahaha

hahahahaha

oh wait, you're serious! I'll have to laugh even harder

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HA

Yes maybe i should have left out the word "probably" as i know we would be better off without that tight fisted fuck**

Do we have to go over this again though? Yes we would love someone else to come in, but the fact is, we are stable financially. We do not know the ins and outs of how the club is run so we cannot really pass judgment. Yes he's a tight fisted bar steward and appears to do little for the club. But I think i'd rather have him than some other numpty.

Do we have to go over this again though? Yes we would love someone else to come in, but the fact is, we are stable financially. We do not know the ins and outs of how the club is run so we cannot really pass judgment.Yes he's a tight fisted bar steward and appears to do little for the club. But I think i'd rather have him than some other numpty.

Smoke, mirrors and a significant amount of hocus pocus, I reckon.

just been reading the SPL Handbook to see what it says about what would happen if Gretna can't last the season... and it doesn't look like they've got a rule for it.

The handbook just seems to suggest that a club going into an "Insolvency Event" will magically pull through... In mosts other businesses an insolvency event is terminal is it not? Why would they think football is different and why have they not planned? Clowns.

A6.8 is all aboot the "Insolvency Event" rules - maybe I'm missing something...

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/26/7a/0,,10002~96806,00.pdf

And you call me a sttato.

If the game is on Saturday you going?

Dons face £50,000 loss if game is off

By Paul Smith

Published: 13/03/2008

ABERDEEN are bracing themselves for a financial headache of their own as they wait for a decision on Saturday’s game against Gretna.

The Dons will face a bill in the region of £50,000 if the fixture is abandoned. That figure includes the loss of corporate revenue, gate money, catering revenue and the outlay for the thousands of copies of the match programme which have already been printed.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood, who granted his team a pre-planned day off yesterday, will return to work this morning and continue planning for the weekend as normal.

The Pittodrie administration staff members have also been told to prepare for Saturday’s fixture.

Aberdeen managing director Duncan Fraser said: “I have been speaking regularly with Ian Blair at the SPL and he, in turn, has been in contact with the administrator. We are hopeful the situation will be resolved on Thursday.

“It is, obviously, out of Aberdeen’s hands and whether we play at the weekend will be down to the administrator and Gretna’s owner.

“While nobody takes any pleasure at their predicament, it is in everyone’s interest for a swift outcome one way or the other.

“We naturally want to play and we are hopeful that Gretna will be here on Saturday as planned.

“If they are not then there are obviously ramifications, not just for Aberdeen, but for every club in the Scottish Premier League.â€

Guest swaddon

It's quite laughable that the SPL said last weekend they'd lend Gretna some cash until the end of the season, and now it seems they've changed their minds.

I expect that when Gretna bite the dust, their record will be expunged from the league. I know people have already said that, but I just wanted to use the word 'expunged'.

It's quite laughable that the SPL said last weekend they'd lend Gretna some cash until the end of the season, and now it seems they've changed their minds.

I expect that when Gretna bite the dust, their record will be expunged from the league. I know people have already said that, but I just wanted to use the word 'expunged'.

I heard last night that Gretna were getting £100k and that the money was on it's way to them.

I hope they make it until the weekend, then they can fuck off and die.

If you owed somebody £100 and they had just been hit by a bus and expected not to make it through the night would you be busy transferring the cash into their account ? The key question for the SPL is whether its better to pour good money into a hole or to avoid the utter shambles of readjusting peoples points tally and facing the wrath of teams like Hibs and Motherwell who will really suffer from this move.

Personally I think they will try to ensure that Gretna fulfill their fixtures to the split and then decree that everyone has had a fair crack at them and they can now crawl into a hole and die.

Including last night's games, this would be the table if all games against Gretna were removed.

P Pts

1 Rangers  24 59

2 Celtic           26 59

3 Dundee Utd 27 43

4 Motherwell 25 37

5 Hibernian 26 35

6 Falkirk 26 31

7 Hearts           26 31

8 Aberdeen 27 30

9 Inverness CT 27 27

10 Kilmarnock 26 24

11 St Mirren 26 24

This throws up quite a lot of issues.  St Mirren have only played Gretna once due to postponements, how are all the teams going to finish on the same number of games played?

It all looks a bit Lionel Messi to me.

That was my first thought.

Then I started to question how it would cost £30,000 for them to come up to play a game?

The players wages are included in that. The administrator has said that he refuses to let them "trade" beyond today if they can not pay people for their work.

The players wages are included in that. The administrator has said that he refuses to let them "trade" beyond today if they can not pay people for their work.

Ah right, in that case they're definately over-paid.

Sure they could have a car-pull to get here and not stay over? Wouldn't it be in the players interest to play for free for the rest of the season to put themselves in the shop window to get a new club?