Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Player update

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Very much agree with this. They stole the rat and now getting money? Fuck that.

If it's any consolation Manc, the tide seems to have turned against Ryhun Jack and their supposed POTY last season is getting it particularly large from a growing section of the inbred mutants.

Absolutely gutted for the lovely lad:wanker:

• Haha 1

Personally I still don't get the hype and dare I say it hero worship that has been thrown at Moult by certain sections of the Dons fans.
The consensus being his exploits at Motherwell would have continued and even improved under the McInnes model whereas I my mind always goes back to Nick Blackman (I know Blackman was a Brown signing but Dons still didnt have the same gameplan as Motherwell did at the time).

Anyway Moult was unlucky to do his cruiciate ligament (as did Stevie May when he was at Preston) so whether or not he will ever be the same player as he was at Motherwell or Wrexham remains to be seen.

Watkins is another in the mould of hedges, McLennan, Wright, mcginn, Kennedy etc etc. We just don't need him. He's fairly average, wouldn't add much to the squad. Just start getting the best out of the players we've got rather than looking for minor improvements elsewhere. He's nae a striker, that's for sure. 

I'd like to see us forgetting about a new striker and playing a front three, with focus on pace and pressuring defences. At least until Cosgrove or (shudder) Main return. Try it for a few games and see how it goes. 3-4-3 will do.

I can see Brophy signing a pre-contract with us in January (or if Cosgrove is sold, then brought in for a realistic fee) but they'd be wanting far too much Wonga if we were to try to sign him right now. We should have went for Stewart at County . He would be Main's replacement long term and would be affordable right now. Watkins on a loan just doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm. By mid October we could be lumbered with a surfeit of strikers, 2 of which wouldn't even be ours (I'm presuming Edmondson will return once his ankle has healed). Of course conversely, knowing our luck with strikers, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Watkins break his leg 15 minutes into his debut.

37 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I can see Brophy signing a pre-contract with us in January (or if Cosgrove is sold, then brought in for a realistic fee) but they'd be wanting far too much Wonga if we were to try to sign him right now. We should have went for Stewart at County . He would be Main's replacement long term and would be affordable right now. Watkins on a loan just doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm. By mid October we could be lumbered with a surfeit of strikers, 2 of which wouldn't even be ours (I'm presuming Edmondson will return once his ankle has healed). Of course conversely, knowing our luck with strikers, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Watkins break his leg 15 minutes into his debut.

Was Edmundson not supposed to be out for 3 to 4 months. That would mean November at the earliest before he is back. 

Sounds like Watkins is like a mcginn/Scotty Wright??? We have an ever growing squad, DM getting transfer support despite being shit with signings for the most part. Don’t get why he doesn’t coach what he’s got and adjust his shitty tactics.

2 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Can I get a little more detail on this guy??? Is he a skilled attacking mid, the #10 we’ve all been crying out for......? Not the center forward we’re missing at present, but maybe playing just behind mcginn at 9?

Predominantly on right wing when he was at Caley from memory. Not sure where he has been played since going to England.