Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Player update

Rings a bell , baggy. He certainly comes across as a good guy and has great love for the club / city. I never begrudged him his move to the Timothy, we got good money for him. Although we were significantly weaker without him. Despite my initial reservations, Hope he plays a big part in the future.

Very disappointed in Cerny to be honest. Nothing against the guy but a back up keeper to me is where we should have youth. Worst case get an emergency loan deal but the experience of being on the bench, maybe an occasional sub appearance, cup games, and reserves or whatever it’s called, I feel we should be developing a keeper. Was Rogers that bad??

Very disappointed in Cerny to be honest. Nothing against the guy but a back up keeper to me is where we should have youth. Worst case get an emergency loan deal but the experience of being on the bench, maybe an occasional sub appearance, cup games, and reserves or whatever it’s called, I feel we should be developing a keeper. Was Rogers that bad??

In my opinion Rogers career at Aberdeen was over the moment McInnes took Woodman on loan back in 2018.

Having been around the club for six years to finally get his first team debut and only get three games said it all.

Actually surprised he was offered and signed a new two year deal on that basis.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Frank Ross in Holland training with Go Ahead Eagles.

Daniel Harvie has signed a contract with MK Dons

Harvie is a strange one. In a period where we struggled for fullbacks, I thought he looked promising-ish. Certainly worth a run.

Didn't think Ross had it unfortunately, despite that awesome free kick.

28 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Harvie is a strange one. In a period where we struggled for fullbacks, I thought he looked promising-ish. Certainly worth a run.

Didn't think Ross had it unfortunately, despite that awesome free kick.

Agree about Harvie. We have struggled for many a year for a left back. Think he made a grand total of seven appearances for us (Including as a sub).

Given that he won a Young Player of The Year award whilst on loan @ Dumbarton and was a regular through the age groups for the national team, you've got to wonder was he given a fair crack of the whip at Pittodrie.

Anyway good luck to the lad.

I think Harvie left because of the lack of game time, apparently him and Shankland were buddies and that is why they both ended up at Ayr. From what I've heard McInnes wanted to keep them both. I hope with Cosgrove and Main being out Anderson can take his chance this Saturday.

He was pictured training a couple of weeks back so assume he's fit to go if required....and with 9 players allowed on the bench I'm sure he will be, even if we get a striker in tomorrow. Longer term, I suspect he will be allowed to leave on loan prior to the window closing in October.  Possibly even freed if he can fix himself up somewhere. Just cannot see him getting a contract extension with us under any circumstances.

14 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I see we're being linked with Ryan Edmondson from Leeds (apologies for the link).  Anyone know anything about him?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ryan-edmondson-targeted-aberdeen-loan-22445498?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Just that he’s not scored a first team goal yet ? 

Hud me back 

We are so thin on the ground for strikers that I'll trust McInnes on this one. Assuming we get it over the line, he will be a useful addition to the bench tomorrow....throw him on for the last 20 minutes and let him become an instant hero.

Really really want to ram it down the orc hordes' throats, many of whom are predicting they'll waltz into town and deliver us a 4 or 5 goal horsing.