Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Player update

• 2 weeks later...

I always used to laugh when my English team Manchester City had the money pumped into club 2008.  Villarreal had the CB & CB partnership upfront for a few years and we wanted them both at Etihad.

Carlos Bacca and Cedric Bakambu.

What I'd give to have a wonderful sounding strike force like that at Pittodrie next season.

24 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Is Virtanen a central midfielder? Or can he play a few positions? Id like to see him do well but think he will find it hard to get a regular game in that position for us.

Defensive mid or a right back.

He’s no chance of getting in at centre mid;

Brown, Ferguson, McCrorie, McGeouch, Campbell all ahead of him 

30 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Wasn't it the season we played Burnely, Virtanen had played most of the warm up games and had been told he was going to start against them, then got injured the day before? Think that was at RB? 

I saw him play both right back and in midfield for U20s but Arbroath seemed to use him solely in midfield in games that were on TV.

10 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's a serious gamble if true. He's been pish for a very long time. 

I wouldn't say he was even that good in the first place - a pure poacher who needed the whole team set up to compensate for his inability to do the dirty work, scored goals with bad teams but failed to do so with better ones, etc. He's a bit like Shankland if Shankland was six years older and hadn't had a good season since 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Been linked with McGrath at St Mirren. Really good player. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of hype around him to be honest. I'm assuming we're looking at a 3-7-0 next season.

Going to have to be that to accommodate all the central midfielders we will have on our books. 

ETA link to press article. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/aberdeen-consider-summer-swoop-for-st-mirren-midfielder-jamie-mcgrath/

I wonder if we will be back to having our targets all over the papers with Glass. One of the things I enjoyed about the McInnes era was that by the time we heard about it we had the deal just about done. I presume the reason for announcing your targets is to get there attention and let them know how interested you are but its frustrating for the fans if it comes to nothing.