Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

Aye, I seen that pop up just before 5 and knew right away it was a bit of bullshit, on a par with being past the peak yesterday, when the day before we weren't.

The scary thing about it all is that nobody, or at least people in the right position to do so, is doing anything to highlight the lies coming from Government which has resulted in deaths of people.

Makes you sick to the stomach to think people are lapping their lies up day after day and think they have done a great job.

Some of the test kits sent out didn't have a return label with it and when those that had received those called the helpline they were told just to bin them and they'll have another sent out, absolute shambles.

Well thats Monday's 100,000 sorted then

The most galling thing about this is money.

It would've cost five figures to send out kits which were effectively useless, having been rushed out to meet a self-imposed target that they didn't need to say. It's going to cost another @£50k to re-send them, or probably much more than that as that's at just over £1 per test including postage, personnel, logistics etc.

What civil servant thinks it's ok to burn a fiver of our money, let alone 5 or 6 figures? Let alone 6,000,000 on an unnecessary letter to households? Let alone hundreds of millions on data systems that don't work? Let alone billions to quangos, big pharma, "friendly" corporates, bailing out the corrupt banks etc. etc.?

All for vanity and lying and pissing money away in the process.

There are 47 or 48 countries in the world who have tested a bigger proportion of their populations than the UK, even including the lies.

This proves that others value data more than we do. Our government has been reacting the whole time and is playing catch up at every turn. The biggest U-turn (on lockdown) was forced by public opinion and Scotland going first and the EPL shutting down Arsenal v. Man C and numerous other acts to reduce social interaction.

As the UK becomes the second worst death count in the world and will break through the 30,000 official deaths barrier tomorrow, the tragic truth is that there are STILL many more deaths from the community and nursing homes and care homes yet to be counted.

The fucking tone of these cabinet clowns is unbelievable. Our "apparent success" BlowJob said last week.

They think we are all going to download their App? No fucking chance.

It would appear from the tone of the governments scientists that they now realise they have been getting set up for the fall, Vallance today explaining that the government are 'informed by the science not led by it'.  Also one of the female medical officers was saying that it was to do with money (no shit) as to why the country didn't shut down earlier.

As for that app, glad that a lot of people have shunned it as it's no more than glorified spyware.

I’ll just continue to sing my song.

?His name is Sir Boris 

The King of the world

He likes hunting and shooting and fishing

But when there is any work to be done

You’ll find that he’s generally missing. ?                           

What a shite state of affairs. I wish i could see something positive coming out of this negligence in the UK, but can't see anyone (who should be) being held to account.

We're gradually moving down our levels, hoping to go down to level 2 next week.  What this has shown is that National (tories over here) are self righteous cunts and hopefully will get an absolute arse battering in the up coming election.  Barring any stupidity from the coalition, this should be fine.  The tories wanted us to put economy first. Completely forgetting that without people, you don't have an economy.

Anyway, we're now talking of opening a Trans-tasman bubble (hi Scotfree  :wave:) but it'll be interesting to see how this will work. Aussie are still getting new cases, so I doubt it'll be any time soon, but they were talking of treating it as a "domestic" route. Aussies finally becoming part of NZ  :rofl:

Aye they just open their mouths and shit pours out. Every time. Boris was appallingly inept at PMQ's, which was no surprise given his empty soul and his blusterful nature. As good as Starmer was at framing precise questions to expose the bullshit and lies the government spin, he's not got enough cunt about him for me. When you've got someone on the ropes, change direction and knock him out. Then again, as it is politics rather than real life (unfortunately), if he consistently asks the right questions and frames them properly, a TKO every week should be enough to expose their true nature and ensure their unelectability next time. I am reminded of "if you're not angry you're not paying attention". I want Starmer to be raging but I concede that his strategy is probably best.

649 people died today, and still these fucking english muppets want to release lockdown

:dunno: WHY ???

Are they seriously just letting people die now.

Not my take. Globally deaths are slowing, as percentages of the days before. For reasons I don't know. The economy needs to move again but with proper risk-mitigation which means intelligent planning and social distancing.

I wouldn't be so free about the USA however. Much as this disease is invidious, it can be managed past... if we had developed a decent test system, when we needed to, beginning three and a half months ago, which we didn't so fuck knows really.

Two interesting perspectives on Corona.While lock down was needed initially,looks like were trying to over control it,when we maybe need to let the virus run its course if we can protect the vulnerable better than we have

https://unherd.com/thepost/german-virologist-finds-covid-fatality-rate-of-0-24-0-36/

https://unherd.com/thepost/nobel-prize-winning-scientist-the-covid-19-epidemic-was-never-exponential/

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/blog-post/security-behind-nhs-contact-tracing-app

Pretty comprehensive overview of the app here. Worth reading, it's not too technical. It seems to me that the decision to choose a centralised app over a decentralised one is entirely correct for the UK. This is because the decentralised model wouldn't really work with such low testing. The key being self-reporting and the ability to do this with a decentralised app. The true/false nature of infected or not can only be established via wide scale testing. The app seems like it'll be secure enough in this form. Remains to be seen how it'll evolve over time and how transparent changes will be.

Two fatal flaws in the NHSX initiative.

Firstly, it needs more than 50% of the population to download it.

That ain't happening. This requires the majority to trust the government and given the lack of transparency, the lies and the spin they have subjected us to for many months now, there's not going to be even 10 million phones who download this App. It isn't even NHS anyway, having been farmed out at exorbitant cost - it's theft of our money again if we're honest about it - to Cummings' mate and his brother. Predictably, it's going horribly wrong already. I built an App WAY more complex than a simple self-diagnose and contact-trace one for a fraction of the cost, less than 0.0005% to be precise. Of course we're not comparing like with like but the only cost implications between my App (getting done by real-world experts) and this one is the data hosting and the employment of tracers, which I'm pretty certain was NOT counted in the original £250m figure. The data hosting won't cost £50k p.a. I'm building another App at present which IS complex, will take at least ten or twenty times the programming hours than this NHSX one and I'm budgeting less than 20k.

Secondly, the yahoo ned culture ingrained into the UK from years of austerity and neglect of social services, particularly education means that many will download the App just to put shit into it, pretending to be infected when they're not.

They should've gone to Asia and bought/borrowed their technology. Inventing from scratch with non-experts who have no experience in this field was insanity but fits the same old pattern of handing out public funds amongst themselves.

Fuck staying in for 14 days because some wimp has a headache and wants a test done.

Then another wimp.

Then the first wimp again.

Serious stuff I admit but I’m not letting some bloody hypochondriacs interfere with my life.

It’s bad enough that we have to pay for them in the first place.

Fuck staying in for 14 days because some wimp has a headache and wants a test done.

Then another wimp.

Serious stuff I admit but I’m not letting some bloody hypochondriacs interfere with my life.

Genuine question dd. Can you put new lenses into existing frames? Is that easy enough aye?

Like my Rayban specs but will need a new prescription soon I reckon.

Then another wimp.

The downside of having children

Genuine question dd. Can you put new lenses into existing frames? Is that easy enough aye?

Like my Rayban specs but will need a new prescription soon I reckon.

Aye, nae problem.

Although the modern plastic raybans are absolutely pish.

A man trained in 1975 will probably manage it though ?