Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

Possibly the best example of his true nature: -

When he lacks the energy to defend the indefensible, he knows he's a piece of shit, accepts that he's a piece of shit and likes being a piece of shit.

Unaccountable to anyone his whole "privileged" life, this is narcissism on an exceptionally grand scale, Trumpian in fact. Thing is, those who made him like this - both the parents and the institutions - fail to understand that accountability, at least to notions such as truth, integrity and decency are necessary. The biggest loser will be him. I predict alcoholism, major unhappiness and an early death, probably suicide. Trump's not smart enough to know his own madness. Boris won't be able to kid himself for ever. He's been found out by the vast majority and he will catch up with us in due course.

Yesterday was the day that nzers were welcome back in the EU, can’t say there’ll be a rush to have it reciprocated, what with Europe being ravaged by the plague. I find it absolute madness (but typical of big business) to force countries to open. Seems like a lot of head in the sand going on. Really hope our govt continues to hold firm.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why this publication is the only one I give money to: -

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/15/coronavirus-contracts-government-transparency-pandemic?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Unlike Rupert - and you must catch the Murdoch dynasty thing on BBC iPlayer, first episode was last night on BBC2 - they publish some truthful commentary. Marina Hyde and George Monbiot never fail to challenge the systemic corruption.

Like the mainstream media knows that the public are so thick they believe what they're told, the former AFC chairman exploited the stupidity of the fans for his own ends. The government steal all our money. Milne stole only from us, those of us who supported AFC over the three decades he was in control. At least I got out before Milne did, because of Milne but 23 years too late.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/07/2020 at 09:36, rocket_scientist said:

This is why this publication is the only one I give money to: -

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/15/coronavirus-contracts-government-transparency-pandemic?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Unlike Rupert - and you must catch the Murdoch dynasty thing on BBC iPlayer, first episode was last night on BBC2 - they publish some truthful commentary. Marina Hyde and George Monbiot never fail to challenge the systemic corruption.

Like the mainstream media knows that the public are so thick they believe what they're told, the former AFC chairman exploited the stupidity of the fans for his own ends. The government steal all our money. Milne stole only from us, those of us who supported AFC over the three decades he was in control. At least I got out before Milne did, because of Milne but 23 years too late.

Excuse my ignorance, were you on AFC board or something?

28 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

Excuse my ignorance, were you on AFC board or something?

No. I've been a shareholder for a quarter of a century and went to @ 750 games home and away over six decades until I jacked it in December 2018 after the Celtic game at Pittodrie.

I gave up on AFC because of Milne and before he jacked it. The terrible managers that he recruited made it a progressively worsening situation over the whole of this century and I had had enough.

Additional 15 cases in Grampian area out of 21 in total for Scotland today. As U.K. Government scientist said at the weekend it looks like we are at the limit of what we can open without risking allowing the disease to spread quickly. 

19 minutes ago, Jute said:

Additional 15 cases in Grampian area out of 21 in total for Scotland today. As U.K. Government scientist said at the weekend it looks like we are at the limit of what we can open without risking allowing the disease to spread quickly. 

Soul and Hawthorn have announced they are closing. Apparently it was one guy in Aberdeen for a couple of days before going offshore who spread the infection in the Hawthorn. Shit boozer anyway, overpriced and judging by the bearded fud who was interviewed there on the telly (the owner or manager), I'm pleased I've only spent money in there once in the last 20/25 years.

Might have guessed you would decline my invitation. In this case it's the fear of being challenged. Intellectually you would be out of your depth, laddie. On a vast spectrum of topics ranging from economics to 19th century art decor, from sport to medieval history. It's the thought of being shown up that haunts you. 

As I said brother, there's a cold pint of export here with your name on it. 

33 minutes ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Might have guessed you would decline my invitation. In this case it's the fear of being challenged. Intellectually you would be out of your depth, laddie. On a vast spectrum of topics ranging from economics to 19th century art decor, from sport to medieval history. It's the thought of being shown up that haunts you. 

As I said brother, there's a cold pint of export here with your name on it. 

Nobody is interested. Take your infantile posting to a more appropriate place. If you have nothing worthwhile to say, shut the fuck up. Since you've signed up, you are exclusively baiting me and that will now be met with zero response.

For the record, I've met many who are intellectually superior to me and I don't believe that being "shown up" is a valid concept unless there has been a declaration of competition between the consenting parties, and such "competitions" aren't generally entered into from properly-functioning thinkers.

Your "wife" references and "19th century art decor" gave you away. The former was indicative of a sickness that you will find in common with the modern keyboard warrior types and the latter isn't even a thing, I would imagine, just some words you strung together in a pathetic attempt to look clever or funny.

Goodbye. 

Rico, the problem with drama queen's like Mr Scientist here is that they're  afraid to be challenged. He would rather sit alone on this forum listening to his own echo than be stimulated by someone who surpasses him, both in terms of intellect and sexuality. He'll never change Rico, as everyone who's ever known him can attest to. 

14 hours ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Rico, the problem with drama queen's like Mr Scientist here is that they're  afraid to be challenged. He would rather sit alone on this forum listening to his own echo than be stimulated by someone who surpasses him, both in terms of intellect and sexuality. He'll never change Rico, as everyone who's ever known him can attest to. 

So much this.

15 hours ago, royal deeside cowie said:

someone who surpasses him, both in terms of intellect and sexuality

Classic. Are you superior in heterosexuality? Or do you surpass him in your homosexuality? How does that work?

I don't need you to tell me who to engage with on the internet, nor how to, but thanks for the advice I'm sure you mean well.

1 hour ago, bearsdenred said:

The work reasons i dont get, infected people that are asystematic, that don't know they have it can still go to work and spread it?

Its like the governments really do not want to go back to full lockdown to suppress it. Just wait for those kids all over Scotland going back to school, hugging their mates and spreading it to others, just got them to go home and give it to their parents, grandparents. 

They are hoping to suppress things without having to go back to a full lockdown and will take things as they come with the schools going back. We have to try and get some kind of order back and I think the softly softly approach is fair enough, rather that than the gungho way Bojo went for it in England. Kids beside us have been meeting up and mingling with each other for weeks now, long before if was ok for them to do so and pretty sure this was the case in other areas and infection numbers have stayed fairly low so far.  The Scottish Government have always said with each lifting of measures that they will monitor the situation carefully and not be scared to take actions if required and have backed that up with todays announcement.

Opening the pubs was always going to lead to potential problems, as common sense and alcohol are not natural bedfellows and so it showed. I also feel sorry for the restaurants and cafes that really did go out on a limb to make this work and can only hope this latest setback doesn't see more close permanently.

We just need to hope that these vaccines in development do as hoped and can be developed soon and we can get back to some sort of normal.