Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/1250872365791219713?s=08

“Remember the 3.5m antibody tests that didn’t work? Last week I reported that the UK paid *up front*.

Now,

@ddknyt

and

@jane__bradley

reveal the whole saga.

U.K. Paid $20 Million for New Coronavirus Tests. They Didn’t Work.”

Note the comment below that tweet

There’s plenty to criticise but in the context of the amount of money being spent by the Government, a $20 million punt on something that would have been hugely beneficial if it had worked is nothing to be ashamed of.

When I first heard about this story I knew there would be people who would adopt that logic.

I imagine people are one of the reasons spam emails from 'African Princes' who are apparently desperate to give away millions of pounds continue to flood in.

If the other European nations are Dunfermline, Dundee united, & Dundee, then Boris & Co are Hearts when Romanov came sniffing about

It's all good and well knowing that you've got the antibodies but in the grand scheme it means fuck all, there's no proof of immunity, more and more people are testing positive for a second time, the government and their backers are just trying to force it so they can start the country up again.

That hadn't occurred to me (tonight, over the mass gatherings) but I fear you're right.

I wouldn't rule out incompetence too however. The urging of U.K. manufacturers to turn their production lines to building respirators was desperate stupidity and the "no number is too high" was a line that no businessman (or indeed anyone with a mild understanding of economics) would ever utter. I don't think he's got the brain to think through what he was saying. He may have been trying to peddle the lie that saving the people is their number one priority but it was an invitation to rape for any entrepreneur with a sniff of opportunism in his nostrils.

If it's true that we paid up front for tests that didn't work - and I can strongly believe that this inept government did - then it defies the basics of business, negotiation and common sense, even with the increased global demand. There is no limit to their stupidity. Unsurprisingly given that none of them are of, nor have never been part of the real world.

This is how a brazen street smart cunt does it: -

https://www.businessinsider.com/fema-paid-bankrupt-company-no-employees-55-million-n95-masks-2020-4

The Donald is on fire tonight

'Over prepared' for the pandemic apparently as if he bought pizza for 50 people but only 3 showed up.

Current US stats

1 person in 466 has/had the virus (that they supposedly know of)

1 person in every 19 who catches it is dying

1 person in every 8,945 US Citizens is currently dying of the virus

and it is still rising

Compare that the the UK (allegedly)

1 person in 624 has/had the virus (that they supposedly know of)

1 person in every 7 who catches it is dying

1 person in every 4,652 UK Citizens is currently dying of the virus

and it is still rising

Compare that to Italy which has had it longer but is now apparently getting on top of things

1 person in every 351 has/had the virus

1 person in every 7 who catches it is dying

1 person in 2659 Italian citizens is dying of the virus

Then there is the Germans

1 person in every 592 has/had the virus

1 person in every 32 who catches it is dying

1 person in 19239 German citizens is dying of the virus

Very interesting way to look at the stats TW.

What I take from it is that Germany's greater testing rate is identifying those in the community for which being Covid-19 positive is not a big deal, which will be the same in every country of course if we had tested widely instead of mostly those who turn up at hospitals.

What needs to be done is to understand what they (and others) did so well that we, Italy, Spain, France and the US got so wrong.

For me the third question tonight was a fuck up and an opportunity lost. After the first two questions focused on the Liberate tweets and the protests that ensued, the media HAD TO stay on it and I'm sure he would've cracked. Changing the subject completely let him off the hook. Loved Cuomo today. He's a voice of reason and Trump has picked a really bad fight there. The NY governor is keeping his powder dry for now but he's going to crucify the fake POTUS one day soon.

This pressure on China following Trump's attack on the WHO is bearing fruit. Their figures didn't ring true before and unless they genuinely are experiencing a second wave worse than anyone could've imagined, yesterday, in one day only, we can't believe fuck all from them. The genius Ai Wei Wei was on Peston this week. Love that man.

main two rumours on twitter is that they want either Gove or Patel to take over from him, the ERG have held a meeting and 31 of the 51 there voted for Patel, Gove has Murdoch as his main backer, probably all shit but Boris has to be done here as should Hancock and that fruit that done the briefing yesterday.

Pm here announced that we’re going to be going down from full lockdown to something closer to that of the uk. The right here have been pathetically embarrassing. A few of them getting it wouldn’t go amiss. Truly, a lot of them have sad , fat middle aged man syndrome.

Anyway. Well still all be wfh, albeit I’ve been furloughed without the guarantee of a job at the end of it. Really need to hope clients regain their confidence in construction. It’s shite timing.

I hope Im wrong (especially as it will directly affect me) but I won't be surprised if by the end of next week there are newspaper reports stating only about 10% of businesses applying for the furlough scheme being approved same as the small business loan shitshow.

Much like Universal credit I suspect the Tory attitude is the majority of people applying are trying to cheat the system so they will make it as hard as possible to get it, and if you do get it they will be looking for the smallest opportunity to take it back.

Saw that one last night and whilst it wouldn't surprise me and would totally be in keeping with the psychopathic Cummings and cabinet, we need to guard against it being fact. I would guess it is true and would offer 33/1 or longer for it not being true but this is where we can expect independent free journalism to kick in. We won't hold our breath for Kuntsberg or Peston picking it up. The mainstream media are a sham in this country. Even Rupert crucifying Boris on Sunday was an act of political agenda and slut-like, following and reacting to social media rather than leading and exposing anything we didn't know.

Here's a speculation;

Covid-19 is slowing in Europe because of warmer weather more than the lockdown, which some countries don't have anyway.

Evidence? Don't have any. Call it a hunch. But the percentage increases right across Europe are dwindling daily.

The UK will have a spike today in reported deaths due to our usual Sunday Monday weekend reporting syndrome and at some point need to include the non-hospital deaths in England which will be a HUGE spike. What sort of civilisation doesn't count them all? How big is their incompetence that they couldn't put in place a system to count properly? So much for protecting the most vulnerable. Care home workers still don't have PPE.

The biggest problem in the UK government's utter incompetence is a lack of diversity.

In Rebel Ideas, Matthew Syed writes that if you have a management culture full of the same demographics with the same backgrounds, educations and experiences, you are less able to adapt and change.

Within these public school Oxbridge cabinet wankers, there is zero diversity. They are clones. In a crisis, they are particularly unable to make good decisions because they are not prepared (or indeed able) to think outside their narrow frames of reference.

The Edinburgh wifie on Channel 4 News articulated the relationship between science and government. When we have wankers like Whitty and Vallance coming from the same pods as the arsehole politicians, they are totally fucked. That van Tamm cunt is just as bad as all the rest of the arrogant pricks.