Lewis Ferguson Tribunal

I feel for Hamilton, but we've been burnt ourselves with this situation. Absolutely delighted that we have Ferguson.

I don't know, it all seemed a little after the event from them. We had similar with Fraser (not with a tribunal obviously), but everyone - quite rightly - was annoyed with AFC for not acting sooner. We clearly didn't realise we had a player on our hands, and then dicked about offering insulting development wages to a guy who was clearly going to be a first teamer. Everyone blamed the club (a few the player), and correctly so. It was a mistake, and the hope is that we've learned from that. Compare that with our handling of McKenna and it's night and day. The minute he showed first team promise we got him nailed down with a respectful offer on a long contract. Hamilton's entire business model is to promote youth and sell on, that they've made such an error is something that their fans should be holding their CEO to account for. The obvious, and only plausible, conclusion is that they didn't think they had a player on their hands like we did Fraser. The tribunal, it sounds, came to the only conclusion it good given player development and contract offers.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Hamilton feel they have been robbed but if he was still under contract and we had just made an offer of say 750K for a player with so little experience our support would be up in arms.  Valuing a player who has played 14 games for Hamilton at any more than a couple of hundred thousand would be crazy. 

It's night and day comparing his value to that of James McCarthy which they had eluded to.  McCarthy had played a good two or three seasons for the club before he was sold and was much more experienced. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Good to hear this. I thought he had a good season with us last year, though his falling about does piss me off, but i think that is coached into him.

One more season with us and I would say he would need to move to make it to the next level and I don't mean the zombie club.

One more season with us and I would say he would need to move to make it to the next level and I don't mean the zombie club.

Think that depends on us aswell. If we do manage to actually qualify for a European competition and start pushing at the top of the league again there is no reason he couldn't keep developing here for another few years.

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Definitely feels like a player trying to engineer a move out the club. Wonder how much longer he'll be with us. I'm hoping he moves sooner rather than later in this window, if he is moving.

If he is going it needs to be now to give us time to source an adequate replacement. 

2 hours ago, Jute said:

If he is going it needs to be now to give us time to source an adequate replacement. 

Would certainly like it to be the boy from st mirren. A bit more creative and attack minded than Ferguson but we’ve plenty of holding and box to box central midfielders already.

Club should tell Ferguson every time someone from his family/team whines to the media or mentions gentleman’s agreement, the asking price doubles.  
Although his lack of involvement yesterday may suggest an acceptable offer has been received? 

5 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Would certainly like it to be the boy from st mirren. A bit more creative and attack minded than Ferguson but we’ve plenty of holding and box to box central midfielders already.

Will say it again

McGrath is a non starter as heading south.